56 coaches online • Server time: 19:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Russo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi fellow Pub Bowlers,

Reo is keen to get the feelings and ideas of coaches on what they would like to see next season.

All leagues need to keep it fresh and listen to the members so here is your chance...tell us what you think folks?

NOTE: Dont just gripe, if you have something to say suggest an alternative or solution too...thanks Cool

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
thereisaball

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2007 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to keep the Demotion/Promotion structure if at all possible.

Since there isn't a playoff after the season, it helps give you something to play for beyond just the immediate game and season.

However, if there are coaches that regularly miss games or choose not to continue playing, then contraction is understandable as long as PubBowl keeps going.

I would still prefer at least 2 divisions, even if it is just an upper and a lower division set-up.

The only other thought I have is to bring in an open PubBowl Cup between seasons. Set up as a direct elimination play-off style bracket with all teams from the previous season eligible to compete. The PubBowl teams that make it to the finals could get automatic promotion to the next higher division or, in the case of teams in the top-most bracket, a "safety" in the next season to not be demoted.

kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also like to see the ladderconstruct remain, thats the very foundation of pubbowl.

I would also like to see something that would increse the intrest to the end of the season. As it is now, many teams are unable to do anything to get to the top after just a few games. This could be solved by adding playoffs at the end of the season. It could also be smaller divisions to increse the speed thay are played.

As for thereisaballs suggestion I think it sounds ok, but I would only invite the top teams from each division, 2-4 from each. These are also the ones most likely to be active and good enough to provide intresting games as the best teams should start of to play against the "worst" teams. Also, the time givven for this KO tournament would have to bw quite short, as there really should not be to long time between seasons. There is no reward needed more than the honour of winning the KO.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a trophy hunt?

A team is awarded the trophy perhaps for winning the cup. Then that team gets the Golden Tankard with free refills of bevarage. The team with the tankard is allowed one more reroll than the others. When the team with the tankard looses a game, the winning team takes controll of the Tankard.

...which leads me to my reroll sugestion.
Maximum numbers of rerolls:
div1= 3 rerolls
div2= 2 rerolls
div3= 1 reroll
div4= 0 rerolls
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an idea for pubbowl for forth coming seasons.

Firstly I feel that there are too many people not willing to play all there games, due to this certain people who are not playing there games will be removed from the group.

Secondly I am planning on trying to get back to 4 division or keeping a minimum of 3 to do this I feel 1 solution would be to reduce the amount of teams in each division. I think that 6 in each division would be a gud number as it means that people that lose their first couple of matches wouldnt have long until the next season so wouldnt be so dis-heartened.
Keravin

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I do think TR/TS brackets need looking at as some of the teams are now being put in with other teams that really do not stand a chance.
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

problem is keravin the groups about divisions not tr/ts. So u are playing for promotion and relegation. Theoretically lower tr/ts will get relegatedand higher should get promoted which should even things out.
Russo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

reo19uk wrote:
problem is keravin the groups about divisions not tr/ts. So u are playing for promotion and relegation. Theoretically lower tr/ts will get relegatedand higher should get promoted which should even things out.

Well in theory that is what is supposed to happen, but what I am finding is that the quitting teams are occupying the "relegation" places and are keeping me in Div1 when my team is often below par.

I would already be in Div2 now if it were not for those darn quitters Very Happy

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well russo if we are reducing the diisions to 6 then if u are in the bottom 4 u will be relegated this season and hopefully with quicker seasons we will have less epople leaving as we are aiming to only get people in that want to be in now
 Jump to: