13 coaches online • Server time: 02:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Macavity
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2007 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i just had a thought Rolling Eyes

Every day there must be alot of Dogs that are put down (killed) in the UK that are healthy (if not in the head) animals.

Every Day people go hungry on the streets.

Shocked

Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Juff

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2007 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Feed the homeless people to the dogs? With reduced food costs for the hounds, they won't need to be put down!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2007 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Juff wrote:
Feed the homeless people to the dogs? With reduced food costs for the hounds, they won't need to be put down!

I like it, there'll still be some waste though... some healthy dogs need to be put down due to mental health (i.e. biting people). What sshould be done with these?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Chewie

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2007 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:

I like it, there'll still be some waste though... some healthy dogs need to be put down due to mental health (i.e. biting people). What sshould be done with these?

Don't put those dogs down, let them do what comes naturally to them...send those dogs to find the homeless Very Happy
dobbie

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2007 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, what about the homeless dogs? Or the homeless that have mental health issues? I think its a two way street, but our views on dead dogs and homeless people may be different here in the US.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea you are originally looking at it actually a good one. In many countries, dogs are eaten. It would just be a matter of making sure that the dogs put down are healthy enough to be eaten. The problem lies within the tastes of people and if they find the idea of eating something that may be someones pet palatable. Then again, you know the governments would step in. easiest way to do it would be to turn over the dogs to those who are hungry enough to eat them and let them do the dirty work themselves. Just provide documentaion with them to slow down the animal rights activists if they get caught.
I also like the idea of putting the dogs to good use. Why not train them as attack dogs and let them loose on the battlefield? That would save human lives.
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Figures please!
I'm not convinced there are that many dogs put down per day in the UK.
Layla

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea you are originally looking at it actually a good one. In many countries, dogs are eaten. It would just be a matter of making sure that the dogs put down are healthy enough to be eaten. The problem lies within the tastes of people and if they find the idea of eating something that may be someones pet palatable. Then again, you know the governments would step in. easiest way to do it would be to turn over the dogs to those who are hungry enough to eat them and let them do the dirty work themselves. Just provide documentaion with them to slow down the animal rights activists if they get caught.
I also like the idea of putting the dogs to good use. Why not train them as attack dogs and let them loose on the battlefield? That would save human lives.
dobbie

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

3.5 million people in the US experience homelessness in a given year.
http://www.nationalhomeless.org/publications/facts/How_Many.pdf

4 million dogs get put down a year in the US.
http://dogsindanger.com/

The question becomes, is America's annual 1:1 homeless to dog ratio representative of the UK?

I think we can agree that one dog cannot feed one homeless person for an entire year.
WE NEED MORE DEAD DOGS, (or less homeless -good luck with that one)

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I do understand this is the off-topic section. But really. What the???
If you find this thread mildly entertaining, freeganism might be for you. Or random RNG facts.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know, the RNG may give you 6 1s in a row?
dobbie

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know that freeganism can also give you RNG's out the trash bin?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

NO!!

I want one!!!
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2007 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

dobbie wrote:
3.5 million people in the US experience homelessness in a given year.
http://www.nationalhomeless.org/publications/facts/How_Many.pdf

4 million dogs get put down a year in the US.
http://dogsindanger.com/

The question becomes, is America's annual 1:1 homeless to dog ratio representative of the UK?

I think we can agree that one dog cannot feed one homeless person for an entire year.
WE NEED MORE DEAD DOGS, (or less homeless -good luck with that one)

The figures will include people homeless for only a short period of time and not a whole year.
Many people will live in hotels and hostels and still be able to work and provide their own food.

Putting down more dogs may also lead to surplus stocks of dog food which may also come in handy.

But seriously folks the cost of rounding up the dogs and certifying them fit for consumption are bound to out weigh the savings.

If dog meat is the way to go then surely we need approved and licenced dog farms. The latest genetic enhancement techniques could increase the yield so improve the cost effectiveness of the venture.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2007 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

But seriously folks the cost of rounding up the dogs and certifying them fit for consumption are bound to out weigh the savings.

If dog meat is the way to go then surely we need approved and licenced dog farms. The latest genetic enhancement techniques could increase the yield so improve the cost effectiveness of the venture.

Well, I have to disagree here.

Dog farms would defeat the point, the point was that we have an unspent resource and people that would benefit from that resource.

Arent there forms that have to be filled in when a dog is put down, dosent a vet have to do it? If so then the vets form could include a tick box saying "suitable for hobos". The dog would then be dumped in teh van and sent off to the nearest "feed the hobos" centre (or whatever we have at the moment). The carcass could be prepared from here.

Jump to: