67 coaches online • Server time: 20:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gabeln

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

First time poster, long time reader...

I was just reading the new races being put forth. A lot of people have some great ideas. I am kind of new here (3 mos) so I don't know if this has been tried, or is even possible, but on the birthday, I was loving the random mutations. My favorite part was using skills I never had (or would have chosen).

Would it ever be possible to make a race that did that? Randomly mutated a skill for a that game only every game? I know it would not be optimal... but it would be fun.

Maybe not starting with that, but when they gain a skill (6 spp... 16 spps... etc) they get like a 'mutate' skill that starts to trigger it. And then get multiple ones. Maybe the race could have postitional players that mutate a different skill set i.e. a passer that only randomly mutate passing skills etc.

I also wonder, what a shapeshifting race might look like. For exammple, could it be done that when they skill up, they can get a mimic skill that can take form of the skills or traits of the opponents they are playing? It would all be about coaching at that point. Maybe I am thinking way too outside of the FUMBBL. But these are just my thoughts. And I suppose that is what these forums are for.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's been suggested before, not sure what technical aspects forbade it, but something did.....