53 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ullakkomorko

Post 5 Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Could someone please tell me whether the FFB client would work on a notebook size 10.1" screen? I'm thinking of buying one but if I could (at least in theory) play Fummbl on it, that would be a big plus. Does the size of the screen matter at all?

I'm falling behind on technical matters. To add insult to injury, I couldn't find the forum Search option anywhere!
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno about your original question but the search option has disapeared, Christer is currently making som changes to the site and I think that has gone while he is tinkering.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In any case the problem is not so much the screen size but the resolution Smile. Hd-Ready is possible, though unusual, for 10.1''.

1024*600 will need some tweaking. If the Forum search isn't working i remember Flix blogging about a possible solution, so maybe check there.
krytie

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

1024x600 will work (still see all the pitch) but cuts off chat and some of the lower details. Best to switch your screen size to 1024x768 or similar, and then launch the client. I know this works, keeps the full client, and allows you to slide the screen around to view everything.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

the higher the resoltuion, the less problems you will have to fit it in.. .some tasks that run in the foreground can also cut parts of the display off: Like the task-bar or trillian. Shutting those off or moving them aside during start up will help you to fit the screen in. Once the client has started you can move parts out of the visibile field without harm.
Soranar

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I play the client on a dell mini (10 inch screen), as mentioned above the only problem is that you can't see the chat. You should also move your taskbar to the side so you can see how many rerolls you have but that's all.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If you go into your display options, there should be some check box for "only display supported resolutions" or something like that. Uncheck it. You can now set your resolution higher than your screen can fit at once. While not an ideal option, it lets you pan around and see the whole client interface.

Good: You can see the whole pitch and the two side areas where player portraits are shown.
Bad: You can't see much of the log or chat, and can't see the rerolls/apo/bribes area, at least without scrolling down.

I've played whole games this way on my Dell netbook, and it's a ton better than not having FUMBBL access Smile
Flix

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Steps for a happy FFB Experiance with Netbooks (1024x600)
Since we all looking forward for the15th of January, some players love to play BloodBowl using their mobile Netbooks, but the new Client does not offer a Small Field, so the the client supports 1024x768 but our resolution is 1024x600.
The Program AsTray will kill 168 Lines and will user you display as a 1024X768 display, you have to hit Quick Switch and select 1024x768. When you start FFB now you have to hide you Taskbar. Now your netbook is ready for FFB.

Get AsTray just google "AsTray Netbook"

* get AsTray
* Quick Switch to 1024x768
* hide Taskbar
* start FFB
Kryten

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 16:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I dunno about your original question but the search option has disapeared, Christer is currently making som changes to the site and I think that has gone while he is tinkering.

The link is gone, but it still works.

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2011 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Ch-ch-ch-changes...
 Jump to: