44 coaches online • Server time: 15:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to take?
+MA
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Break Tackle
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Stand Firm
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Piling On
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My Krox rolled 6-4
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8265364
I would have given him break tackle on normals, now I'm considering MA.
I don't move him much nowadays, but once he does have BT the MA might come in handy. Then again, adding 30TV to a no-block big guy? Meh.
Advice?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What about +AV? Is it totally useless on a big guy, especially in ranked (in the box it is, I guess)? Especially without block he'll be a target as soon as your sauri are developed far enough, I guess.

I can't resist stat increases, so I'd say +MA or +AV.

Break Tackle and Stand Firm both seem to be solid choices, the tail's value increases with Stand Firm, I'd say. On the other hand, you can't have too much BT on lizardman teams, I guess.

Ah, and by the way: I never played lizardmen myself and didn't really get their mechanics so far. Very Happy

Edit:
Ooops, Slann team... Embarassed
Well, I have even less clue about how to play Slann, I think. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
What about +AV? Is it totally useless on a big guy, especially in ranked (in the box it is, I guess)? Especially without block he'll be a target as soon as your sauri are developed far enough, I guess.

I can't resist stat increases, so I'd say +MA or +AV.

Break Tackle and Stand Firm both seem to be solid choices, the tail's value increases with Stand Firm, I'd say. On the other hand, you can't have too much BT on lizardman teams, I guess.

Ah, and by the way: I never played lizardmen myself and didn't really get their mechanics so far. Very Happy

Edit:
Ooops, Slann team... Embarassed
Well, I have even less clue about how to play Slann, I think. Very Happy

Haha, if I get a saurus it will go on my delves, not on my slann.

But no, AV doesn't interest me. It will make him less of a target, which is really what he's for. In that sense piling on would make sense: It will make opponents target him a lot more, keeping them off my fagiles a bit.
MA7 will make it easier to BT and blitz the corner of a cage (or blitz into a cage with BT) but I don't like blitzing with no-block big guys if I can help it.
Think I'll skip the stat, and go BT.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In my own experience a slann kroxigor should be soaking hits and directing traffic as a road block. For that purpose Stand Firm is best. Stand Firm also works together with Prehensile Tail.

IF this kroxigor had Break Tackle I might consider +MA but it doesn't.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on how conservative your playing style is (can't be too conservative if you plan Slann!)

If you are conservative, Stand Firm seems best.
If you are a risk taker, Break Tackle.

Also, +MA is nice, but remember it comes with a cost. If the player is not all that mobile anyway (due to low ag), and if you always "throw him into the fray", he won't get many chances to use the movement. However if you keep him at the back as a cover sweeper, the +MA might be more useful.

Oscar Wilde
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ullakkomorko wrote:
In my own experience a slann kroxigor should be soaking hits and directing traffic as a road block. For that purpose Stand Firm is best. Stand Firm also works together with Prehensile Tail.

IF this kroxigor had Break Tackle I might consider +MA but it doesn't.

And I see you like your slann without Kroxes; I considered that also (still do).
I think I may let him go once I've skilled more than one blitzer to blodge (ie never).

I agree with (what) you (didn't say), that that IF I give him +MA, BT will be next in line.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Depends on how conservative your playing style is (can't be too conservative if you plan Slann!)

If you are conservative, Stand Firm seems best.
If you are a risk taker, Break Tackle.

Also, +MA is nice, but remember it comes with a cost. If the player is not all that mobile anyway (due to low ag), and if you always "throw him into the fray", he won't get many chances to use the movement. However if you keep him at the back as a cover sweeper, the +MA might be more useful.

I am a risk taker with most of the team (they're slann), which means I use the Krox for the conservative part. Even his name reflects that. I guess stand firm really matches his fluff and his role. Thanks, made up my mind!
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well SF ist a good coice and fits. BT also fine. + MA is for building a legend but won´t pay back so much now.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

My experiences with stand firm on teams that don't cage have been... mediocre at best.

Yeah I understand it on black orcs, and dwarves of course... but I think the mobility of break tackle is better... and certainly better than +ma without break tackle.

You COULD take +MA and hope for break tackle later, but these guys skill so slowly that you are really best planning for your next game and not 50sp in the future.
 Jump to: