31 coaches online • Server time: 08:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
carlos

Post   Posted: May 23, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, fairly new to this, played academy and unranked games no probs til this morning, got asked for a game, played it and without me knowing was told at the end it was a team from a different division so would need to manually upload results.

Didnt know how or have time to find out before work, so a bit frustrating as I won, but nevermind.

Now though I cant use that team that I played with, any ideas as to why or how I can use them again?

Cheers
nin

Post   Posted: May 23, 2008 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

When the authomatic upload doesn't work you need to do it manually:
There must be a "Repor Match" link/button in your page (this page for example, on a sidebar or heading the page, depending on options)
There are instructions on the site "Help" page.

But if teams were from different divisions the game won't upload in any case (not even manually), it's site rules.
...so just play another game (or a bunch of them) and enjoy.

Edit: orange W at the side of your team name, probably the problem was not the Divisions and you'll have to report it manually.

Last edited by nin on %b %23, %2008 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 23, 2008 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

1- you can't upload results from games between two different divisions, as far as i know.

2- enter #fumbbladmin channel in chat if you have any question/trouble

3- to manually upload a game, go here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=upload_results and upload the ZIP file of your game (you can find it in your Javabloodbowl directory on your PC, in the \results\ subdirectory, and the name of the file is "the first four letters of your team name _vs_ the first four letters of your opponent's team".

Post   Posted: May 23, 2008 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers nin, I understand that results won't count against teams from different divisions, and losing the data I can live with, but it won't let me play with that team again, or add it to gamefinder to get a new game? Surely I dont have to retire the team?
carlos

Post   Posted: May 23, 2008 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes spot on guys, thanks a lot, got my result data back as well.

Happy fumbbling Smile
nin

Post   Posted: May 23, 2008 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

carlos wrote:
Cheers nin, I understand that results won't count against teams from different divisions, and losing the data I can live with, but it won't let me play with that team again, or add it to gamefinder to get a new game? Surely I dont have to retire the team?

Quote:
Edit: orange W at the side of your team name, probably the problem was not the Divisions and you'll have to report it manually.

do as JanMattys has written (or find yourshelf the "Report Match" button that is what he has done)

and if it does not work, get into the admin channel in chat, may be you have to wait a bit (hopefully not too much), but they'll solve your problem if posible

...and don't worry, your team will probably be playing again soon, no need to retire it
 Jump to: