16 coaches online • Server time: 06:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
This team should...
Retire asap!
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Keep everybody and buy a Skeleton
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Remove all 3 nigglers. 7 Players are enough!
43%
 43%  [ 21 ]
Run home to Mommy and cry!
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 48

Shivkala

Post 11 Posted: May 27, 2008 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I had a streak of bad luck on regeneration of my Khemri team lately (out of the last 7(!) Deaths I regenerated none and out of the last 5 nigglings I regenerated 1!)
So I'm getting a bit frustrated on constantly trying to rebuild the team, constantly playing with 9 or 10 players vs other basher teams (because it seems there is just no way to get a non-bashing team to play against Khemri, even if the Khemri could only field skeletons Wink )

So what should I do with this team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=418055
I like the team, so I probably won't retire it right away, so what is the best course of action?
Retire all Nigglers and fill the team up with Skellies one by one (playing lots of 7-9 player games)?
Keep the nigglers and hope for some luck until the team has enough money to replace them?
Keep one or two of the nigglers for the time being?
Issue a challenge to all high FF Woodelf teams for the ultimate bragging rights to be the first team to defeat the Mummys Wink?
Never play against Dwarfs or CDs again Wink?
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, to me it looks like you need to drop all the nigglers and just keep playing, softer games should come.

If you want a recovery game then I'm happy to offer up my dark elves. Just PM me or post here with a suggested time to play and I'll verify that that suits me too Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Act. you should retire only 1 Thro-Ra, buy a Skeleton and search for a recovery game.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd fire the iggled throw-ra that will bemissing the next game anyway, and buy a new skeleton. When you get a chance, fire the other niggle and get a new one.

By the way, my Dark Elves or Woodies are also available once you figure out what you are doing with these guys. I'm just not sure what your TR/TS will be at that point, and if it will be feasible.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I'd fire the iggled throw-ra that will bemissing the next game anyway, and buy a new skeleton. When you get a chance, fire the other niggle and get a new one.

Notice that he has 3 niggles and both throw-ras are missing the next game.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

retire the thro-ras and buy a skelly. thro-ras are far too expensive (too much TR) anyway.
mightyblow

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, who needs sure hands Razz
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mightyblow wrote:
yeh, who needs sure hands Razz

sure hands is the only usefull addition a thro-ra has over a skelly and 40k is a bit much for that. (Pass and passing skill access are pointless for an AG2 team)
PainState

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we really trying to decide to retire or rebuild an undeafted team?

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice:

Play the next couple of games you get nornally, before you decide to retire anyone and see how it goes. If 7 players are not enough after the first game, keep the niggled players long enough to raise enough money to buy fresh replacements, even if they're just Skeletons. This way you'll have a full squad of un-niggled players, eventually, and start recovering your team. What I did in table top play was play a game, retire a niggled player, buy a new player and repeat until I had all the nigglers replaced. After all, nigglers only miss a game on a roll of 1 in 1d6.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

14/4/0?

23 TDs for, 4 against!?

With Khemri?

And you want advice!? Shocked
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ What he said.

Personally, unless you have a sentimental reason for keeping the R team, I'd retire it and start over before they start losing.
But I'm mercenary like that. Wink

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Gromrilram

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

retire the mng niggler, buy a skelly tryto get some cash, replace the niggler when you are back to some players

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the advice and different opinions!
I've decided to retire the 2 Thro-Ras, keep the niggling Blitz-Ra for the time being and buy a Skelli to get up to 8 players.
Shivkala

Post   Posted: May 28, 2008 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
14/4/0?

23 TDs for, 4 against!?

With Khemri?

And you want advice!? Shocked

I think I have a good handle on playing Khemri with a full roster of players, I just didn't know what to do when they are beaten up like that Wink
I think successful rebuilding needs even more experience than successfully playing single games. And that experience I lack...
 Jump to: