25 coaches online • Server time: 03:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so I'm sitting in class today and felt like recreating the formulas for calculating CR changes after a game. I need help. Below is a screenshot showing how I wrote the formulas. Something isn't correct though. The way I have them written the CR never goes up! Please look it over, recreate it yourself, whatever, and let me know where I went wrong. Thanks!

Last edited by mwilli72 on %b %12, %2008 - %19:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mwilli72
please try
Code:

[img]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8224/crformulaly3.jpg[/img]

in place of what you have to trim the rubish off the image and make your whole post fit much better onto the screen. thanks Smile

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, hopefully that looks better!
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

cool, i can read it all in one go with haveing to scroll like a type writer Smile

i never really looked at the CR calculation (bu tthen i care not abotu CR) but i think your final formula shoul dbe looking at the win probability (B12) not the CR Tweak (B13).
something like =B3+(B8*(B7-B12))

the way you have it (B13) = 1 and winning means that (B7) = 1 giving you a ZERO multiplier.

try you formula as is with a draw and both coaches would drop CR which is also wrong, the one who has "lucked" a tie should get +CR

and now i'm off to get some cotton balls to stem the flow of blood from my ears Smile
what the hell is POWER? perhaps the excel help button will enlighten me.
i also think there is a problem with your dT cells as surely they can't both have a positive difference, one must be -ve no?

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried using B12 instead of B13, and when I use real game numbers it only comes close to duplicating the results, it doesn't give me the actual postgame number.

I tried to go from the listings on the page http://fumbbl.com/help:Ranking

It says the that in the formula there was a CR tweak P that gets used instead of the previous p number, and I'm sure that's where I went wrong. That P outcome definitely shouldn't be 1 but I'm not sure what went wrong.
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The dT is normalized so you don't have a negative number used in the calculation.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

it appears to be a limitation in excel. (which will only display a number to 30 decimal places)

It's deffinately P thats wrong so if we break it into two useing your example we have

=POWER(B12,tweak)
tweak = POWER(5,(1-(2*B9))) = 6.338E-70
the result of tweak is so close to zero that when it puts it into the other part you practically have POWER(B12,0) and anything to the power 0 is 1

Edit for typos

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that would explain it. The thought hadn't occurred to me to blame it on Microsoft, I just assumed I entered something wrong!
 Jump to: