33 coaches online • Server time: 10:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kwèk

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2008 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently a storm has blown away lot of sand from the khemrian desert revealing a burial place from a Blood Bowl team ages before Roze-El rediscovered the game.
A Liche Priest, who was exiled from his Tomb King pyramide for reasons that better stay unknown (better not to tell then get a rule variation... this is still a side where small children wander around freely), happened to stumble upon this tomb. Because he was looking for a new job, he tried to give Blood Bowl ago.
Expecting to find true warriors he casted the spell of reawakening. Only to find elves that were stripped from there flesh long ago. With no strong players around the priest decided to try an entirely new concept for the most feared bashy race in Blood Bowl. He decided to play Elfball.

With low armour, slow moving and almost no agility he wanders the fumbbl lands, searching for elves and skavens. With only 1 question in his mind: Can Khemri play ball?

Hi guys, I was searching for a funny concept to enjoy myself in this medium. I don't play fumbbl that much annymore so when I'm on I'm just trying to have fun with a few of my less serious teams.
Not long ago I started a Khemri team with some special rules. I refuse to buy Mummies (yet, ... I'll probably try to get a special rule mummie much later on... if we ever get that far), and don't use dirty players. Just to seek out the wussy elfbowl teams that normally dont play bashers.
Why? Fun is the main reason, but I also beleve that my potioning skills are getting better, ag2, Av7 and low ma doesnt leave much space for mistakes.

I would like to ask experience coaches if this concept could actually beat a good elf team with equal dice for both players (so when the dice don't rape any coach from victory).

Remember, we star with almost the same roster as an elf team. The only reason that makes a diffrence is our amounth of rerolls. 2 blockers, sure hand passer, and a horde of skeletons. (and we dont foul a lot with them... I have less then 1 foul each game with these guys)
Except for AV, AG and MA, a block/tackle skeleton seems to be as good as an elf blodgers (cause tackle negates the dodge skill). Still with all the statistic advantages elves still have a tough time trying to win.

I have the impression that Blodgers at the ratio I'm in right now are becoming a pesky problem.
I play of course a running game, altough I had some great passing play scores as well. Of course the passing game fails more then 50 procent of the time Wink.

I also have the impresion that Khemri beats the hell out of everyone, even when they don't mean to. My cas Diffrence at the moment is pretty high even after a few games. And before everyone starts jumping to the conclusion that Mighty Blow on my Blitz-Ra is the reason. Only 18 casualties where made by MB, and I have not yet had 2 MB players on the field on the same time (keeping it non bashy as possible to attract the brittle elves/rats). I'm beginning to think its some bug for khemri... it's not that my AV is that big!

The Biggest problem of this team is probably the race. Most people just tell me to bug off when I challenge annyone with khemri. Altough I dont see the problem in this roster at all.

So let me know, and more preferably. Try to find out so that I can get some caps with these fellows. At the moment I have been lucky with the FF rolls so you can earn some money as well.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=318383

Grtz
Kwèk[/b]

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2008 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I won once 3-0 game with khemry

if the field is empty they can do anything Smile

even mummy throws Smile

skileld mummy by a throw
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2008 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried Khemri with no Mummies and found them very tough, but fun;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=283375

My latest venture is along similar lines for Undead, an all Ghoul / Zombie team, which seems to work better.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=475365

With the undead team I also get to raise Zombies, which adds a great extra fun element into the mix.

But, the higher you go, the tougher it will get and I will be surprised if you have much fun when you hit 200 TR.
kwèk

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2008 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I looked at both of your teams
I don't think the khemri team has a chance against bashers. The ST4, lots of claw/mb/dp players are just 1 bridge too far. Unless you get dirty player on all your skeletons... but thats not really idea.
The bones are just too brittle, and you choose not to buy the players that make a diffrence (mummies just make a lot of casualties that make it easier to win)

With Undead I think you are right. With 4 ma7 ag3 ghouls (with natural dodge) you can dod a lot. Look at my claws (all zombies with fleshgollems and 2 werewolves).
The ghouls (or in my case wolves) do all the ball carrieing. The problem is that if both the wolves die the game is as good as over. But with 4 ghouls you have much more potential of scoring.

Jump to: