41 coaches online • Server time: 10:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should "the Larch" quickly snatch the Healing Potion?
Aye, he is worth it!
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Nay, fire the sad log!
51%
 51%  [ 17 ]
Pie?
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 33

SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

(Eww, no, not a reference to Seinfelds Eleaine and her dirty deeds and needs!)
This is about my Factionteam. They have been around for almost 200 factiongames now and has had their ups and downs, with some medals to show for it, and some cool legends of the past. Now they are VERY much under the ice sadly. The Faction 1 group is filled with evil evil teams (6 orcs!) and its starting to take its toll.
This is the team now (right after a no points game vs woodelves, costed me one player Smile)
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=194842
I feel they are at a crossroad atm. Either lay low, get knocked back to FQ or F2 to try to recover them, sack the tree. Or, use my MAgic Sponge (healing potion) on him, and continue in F1 seeking glory and fame.
The FF 28 gives good possibility of some nice winnings, so i dont think they have to retire. Not yet anyways Smile. So what do you think, fellow B-bowlers?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Which player should be worth, if not a treeman in a faction team. Very Happy
I used mine the same way, purging two nigglings and two armour decreases.
Tristan Swishtwigs received a new niggling later when he became living legend, but I still know it was the perfect moment to use, if there is such a moment at all.

Stikki

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Potions are a menace as you well know - you keep it for ages and when you finally use it, the "curse of the potion" strikes and your player gets a niggler the following match!
But speaking as the one who gave him his last niggler, I say use it. In fact, I'd sell you mine if I could.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

he'll most likely age at 176 spp, but still a long way to go.

maybe you can wait 'till then.

Anyway i think he is worth it!

PS: If he has something to do with the Monthy Python's How to Recognize Different Types of Trees from Quite a Long Way episode he is worth it even more, but should be #1 Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Get him to 176spp before even considering it. imo

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
Get him to 176spp before even considering it. imo

I don't think you realize the difficulty of that task... specially with two nigglings.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I`d say fire him. Skillrolls aren`t that impressive and trees aren`t the keyplayers of woodie teams. A rookie tree does the main task - that is saving one lineelf from being hit each kickoff - just as well as that guy.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Not worth it for Trees. They are meant to get chopped into Firewood sooner or later so might aswell see it as a bonus for lowering your TS/TR with a replacement. Potions are much better used in the stunty leeg... Very Happy

vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I`d say fire him. Skillrolls aren`t that impressive and trees aren`t the keyplayers of woodie teams. A rookie tree does the main task - that is saving one lineelf from being hit each kickoff - just as well as that guy.

It's a faction team. Cutting down TR isn't important, as uneven matches have to be played anyway.

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the TR still gives away handicaps and bribes or knuckledusters aquired that way could hurt the team. I don`t say that a healthy 6-skill tree isn`t better than a rookie one. But it`s not worth it to spend the potion. The major reason is:
1) He is 50SPP away from being a legend at which point he is more likely than not going to age.
2) His skill rolls aren`t too good. +ST, 4 normal skills and block. Not so awesome on it`s own.
3) The position of a tree in a woodelf-team isn`t game deciding. His major job is to tie up others, save 1 elf from the LoS each kick and add his MB in a 3d block. A rookie tree can do the first 2 things just as well (maybe sligtly worse) and isn`t that much worse off in the third.

This leads to a 'no potion' verdict for me, leaving the option to keep the tree for legend status or sack him now. Considering the two niggles and the fact that a rookie tree really isn`t that much worse I`d say sack him.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

No Tree is worth a potion in terms of contribution to the team, since, in my experience, a skilled Tree (even one with great rolls) offers very little over an unskilled one in terms of helping the team win.

Use the potion if you want to keep a cool player for longer (and I would stress that this is as good a reason as any for using it), but sacking that Tree and buying a new one would do far more to improve the team than healing that one would.
Stikki

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing you have to think about is how difficult it would be to get a player as good as that again. Any old wardancer can end up with some good skills, but a tree with block and +ST is hard to replace
Mates

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not worth it, I'd fire him.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Any player you are specially fond of is worth the potion, unless you want to keep it for some major.

IMO, it is better to follow your pixel lover instincts than your competitive reasons to use the potion Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2008 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost as many votes for Pie as for saving him Smile
Well, he certainly isnt a keyplayer, not many trees are, and he sure as h*ck does raise the cost of the team. But he is good too. St7 block ties up alot, and he can actually hurt ppl as well (yay!) ITs just that i am trying to save for catchers as well. got none atm.
Hehe, i am aware of the Potion curse, im starting to think ive got it actually! Cant make up my mind about who is actually worth it. My Ranked humanteam for instance, has a Blitzer with Stand frim MA9 tackle, im thinking of saving it for him as well, since he IS a keyplayer. 3 skills left, im dreaming of another double, AG4, ST4 Smile

Jump to: