37 coaches online • Server time: 01:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PorkusMaximus

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently I had a game using bomber dribblesnot where the bomb was caught and thrown multiple times in the turn, however it seemed to explode for no reason and I'm wondering if the client has issues with it being thrown back and forth multiple times? The sequence of events were as follows;

Bomber throws bomb at orc lineman, throw is accurate.

Orc lineman catches bomb, throws back to goblin, throw is accurate.

Goblin catches bomb, attempts to throw bomb, bomb explodes before it can be thrown despite bomb fuse roll being passed.

Here is the reason I think this might be a bug. The client stated "GET BOMB RESULT TARGET=4+0=4" for the goblin catching, it then rolled to check that the bomb did not explode, a 6 was rolled and the bomb could be thrown then it seemed to change its mind and claimed that the "GET BOMB FINAL RESULT 1+0=1".

When the orc lineman threw the bomb back to me, I was prompted to attempt to catch the bomb. I did. I was then asked if I would like to attempt to throw the bomb back and that is when it suddenly exploded. The "GET BOMB FINAL RESULT" of 1 can't be a fumbled throw attempt because I never actually got the chance to pick a target, the bomb exploded immediately after it asked me if I wanted to throw it back.

The replay of the game is not helpful at all, it simply shows the roll the orc makes to catch the bomb (6!) however after the orc catches the bomb a bunch of my goblins just go prone. It doesn't show the rolls made for the orc throwing it back or my goblin trying to catch it.

Seems like quite a minor problem, I just brought it up because Bomber Dribblesnot is a hilarious star player and throwing the bomb back and forth makes a highly entertaining game. If there are problems with doing this then it would certainly limit the amount of fun that can be had with the player. Wink
 Jump to: