59 coaches online • Server time: 19:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's easy to have icons and protraits for your alliance team. Just add a few lines in the icons.ini and portraits.ini.

What i'm thinking... it's so easy so why isn't it implemented in the .ini files by default ? It's probably a thing the mighty SkiJunkie forgot to do as it is so easy to do that every experienced player already have it.

Why i'm asking this is because when i play VS an aliiance team, i find it very annoying not to have icons to identify opponent players. It's not much of a deal, but it shouldn't be much of a problem neither.

I just think it could be add in the next patch...

Meanwhile, for the one who have Alliance teams, please add the following line in your icons.ini:

[CHAOS PACT]
CHAOS MARAUDER=nlineman1.gif

[OLD WORLD]

[LUSTRIAN]

As simple as this... by doing this the program will automatically recognize your race and as every positions are already in another race, then the icons will be there. (do the same in protraits.ini, to have portraits)
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2003 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have the icons.ini file set up properly, then your opponent doesnt need to set up his. I have full listings under each team header and I see my opponents teams just fine.
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been told that the .ini files are updated with the big updates (i.e 5.x > 6.0, 6.x > 7.0). So, expect this to be added when 7.0 comes out

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2003 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right psikobunny. I wrote [OLD WOLRD] in my ini file... Razz Oh well... but still it could be fine for those not familiar in editing text files... or just to save some time. As Mordachai said, it's nothing urgent jsut something fine to have in the next full update.
 Jump to: