42 coaches online • Server time: 16:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the Fans Choice for the FC?
Beernatics
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Dirty Little Dinos
30%
 30%  [ 52 ]
Wild Saplings
34%
 34%  [ 59 ]
Orc International
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Mean Old Dwarfs
9%
 9%  [ 16 ]
Pray for Death
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Khornes Murder Squad
14%
 14%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 172

PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

There will also be a Spectators' Team of the Tournament Award, voted on by the FUMBBL Community. This will go to the most-liked/loathed team. The team that made the most spectacular plays and pulled off the most surprising victories, or the meanest and the dirtiest team responsible for killing off various legends in the course of the tournament, or whatever catches the community's fancy. The winner of the vote will receive 50000 gold pieces and +1 Fan Factor.

Ok so lets get our votes in and see who the fans have choosen as team of the FC.

Here is my case for each of the teams.

Beernatics: Pulled it out and won the wholle dang thing, nuff said on that.

Dirty Little Dinos: The Lustrian team of destiny that battled all odds and made it to the first ever finals for a lizardman team.

Wild Saplings: The Wood elf team of destiny that would not go away, playing short handed most the tournament and taking down the Competitive Eaters in one of the greatest upsets in major history.

Orc International: A bruising Greenskin team that battled its way under the radar all tourney and came up just short.

Mean Old Dwarfs: For the greatest upset in majors history by beating AND destroying fleetfoot revenge in one "foul" swoop.

Pray for Death: The necro team that just would not, could not or just plain did not want to go back into the grave and scraped their way to the final 8. Another accomplishment from a race who has never gone that far.

Khornes Murder Squad: The gallant attempt to scroll back the SpoonyBard, the only leaping/DP troll, that any one, any were has ever scene. Cut short in the first round by the fickle nature of the Chaos Lords, it was all dice man.

These are the teams to choose from.... If you think I missed a team. Make your case in the discussions and if it picks up enough traction/votes that team might "snake" one of the teams in the poll...

WE will run this until Saturday and see who the winner is. Although I have a feeling the winner will probally be a run away.

Last edited by PainState on %b %09, %2009 - %17:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the nomination. But I'd like to point out that my team is 'Pray For Death', 'Prey For death' are my box team.

Also whilst i would be very grateful for any votes, the team (and in fact all my ranked teams) are in semi retirement. I am off to the box permentantly now so it could be seen as a wasted vote. Probably best to vote for a team that will continue to play in ranked.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey dont forget we niggled Ronald McDonald too! Wink

Thx for the nomination its a true honor and I hope you specs had as fun as I did.
I know my brave elves surprised me a lot by refusing to yeild, despite mounting injuries Very Happy

If you want to improve their chance to have another go at it, I'd sure appreciate the helping hand in the rebuilding.

Thx all and may the BB fields continue to be stained with elven, scratch that, any blood!

SL
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

without a doubt Wild Saplings. so much luck. so much hate and cheers from the specs. putting a niggle on ronald macdonald, competative eaters beast of nurgle won from fumbble cup. never thought Saplings would go so far as they did

Last edited by Diddyboy on %b %09, %2009 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

How could anyone NOT vote for the FC Champion, Khornes Murder Squad?... Fan Favorite. Incredible run through the finals. Coach with multiple personalities. They have it all!
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sapling because they hurt the Eaters:)
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously though.... Mean Old Dwarfs. The woodies weren't that overmatched compared to that crappy band of CDs and what they managed to pull off.

__Synn
ronaldramey

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Dinos FTW!!
Bill_Vestergaard

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Khornes Murder Squad are already retired. it seems a bit odd voting for a retired team.

No offense intended paulhicks, I think it was an awesome team, but getting this award after retirement is silly the way I see it.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... seeing as the Dinos could have taken the title, if not for a blackout of their coach.... I`ll go with the saplings, though Mean Old Dwarves are a close second.

Oh.. and while we are at it.. why not nominate those khemri that killed the Temple Guard?
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

And what is bout the sheepherd of Silly????? What are the criterias after which you created that poll? Somebody has already suggested them in the FC-tourny-thread. They DEFINATLY have kicked some asses!

---> I have proven the opposite!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

For an old dwarf hater like me the Wild Saplings will always have a special place in my heart Smile
SvenS

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:
And what is bout the sheepherd of Silly????? What are the criterias after which you created that poll? Somebody has already suggested them in the FC-tourny-thread. They DEFINATLY have kicked some asses!

Hmm gotta agree they were indeed fun to watch as was that vamps team that made it pretty far.

SL
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

yep I would have liked to have seen that vamp team nominated, they did really well to get so far.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2009 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Saplings FTW!
 Jump to: