18 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2009 - 10:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ok First lineman woodelf team is http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6520903
TS: MA7=2.5 St3=0 Ag4=2 Av7=-2 Total 2.5 plus base 5 = 7.5 or 75k perfect makes sense.

First skill block so,

Quote:
For most skills, we add 2 to the player value (and add the Cumulative value as specified above).

Easy 7.5 + 2 (no cumulative as first skill) = 9.5 or 95k Correct

Now http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6520904 an almost identical liner but with guard instead of block so the base is the same TS: MA7=2.5 St3=0 Ag4=2 Av7=-2 Total 2.5 plus base 5 = 7.5 or 75k but with guard being 2.5 instead of 2

Quote:
Guard adds 2.5+Cumulative to the player value. Cumulative is increased as normal.

so 7.5 plus 2.5 and no accumulative as its a first skill gives 10 or 100k so how does it come to 105k?

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2009 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

honestly... I have no clue how TS is calculated exactly and maybe i gonna say something really stupid now, but.... isn't a strengh skill you can only take on a double supposed to add more TS then a general skill?.... i mean... not that it makes the player really better it just.....well it's just news to me that guard adds the same as block Smile
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2009 - 13:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

no as far as i can read block gives 2 + accumulative and guard gives 2.5 + accumulative so im not expecting the same figure but my calculations makes it look like guard is worth 3+ i dont care what the answer is just wanted to check if im doing it right.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2009 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage, doubles don't give a TS boost. An Ogre with Block is less than an Ogre with Guard.

Ok, checking my teams here's how the cost of guard looks:

Amazons: 2.5TS
Dark Elves: 3TS
Dwarves: 2.5TS
Elf: 3TS
High Elves: 2.5TS
Human: 2.5TS
Norse: 3TS
Orc: 3TS
Vampire: 3TS
Wood Elf: 3TS

I have no idea why it's doing it like this.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2009 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Astarael.

The TS-description is flawed at several points.
(Try calcualting any goblin just for fun and wonder why it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the description ...)

When I check any team I dont find that there is a difference in race but rather that the description put it wrong:

Guard counts 3 + cum not 2,5 + cum!

You end up having a lower TS than expected on races with high-TS starting players (humans, elves etc.) because any TS-score AFTER reaching 120k/12 is halfed down.

On a human blitzer e.g:

+ 2,5 (Ma7)
+ 2 (Block)
= 95k rookie blitzer

+ 3,5 (Guard, 3 + 0,5 cum)
= 130k exper. blitzer
NOW:
(120k-130k)/2 = -0,5 (to substract from your initial result)
= 125k exper. human blitzer

Done Wink

PS: If you figure out the goblin give me a note.
 Jump to: