51 coaches online • Server time: 17:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What player would you pick if your favourite team won the GLT?
Beastman
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
WE Lino
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Dorf/CD Blocker
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Skink or Goblin for OTS
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Other, I'll explain below
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Who cares?
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Read before voting plz!</b>

As a prize for winning the GLT you get to pick a player from any roster with a value no greater than 70k to add to your team. The player arrives with the Pro skill. What player would you pick if it was your favourite team that won the GLT? Vote and comment! Smile

There was some discussion about this in the news post when the new prize was announced. The top picks in that discussion were Beastman, Dorf/CD Blocker and DE/HE/WE Lineman. These are the obvious picks and I'll go into a little more detail about them:

<b>Beastman</b>
Taking a Beastman brings a MA6 ST4 blitzer. That is respectable for any team and is a solid pick. As it is obvious why you would want such a player on your team, I'll just state the teams that shouldn't pick a Beastman:
* Chaos & Nurgle: Eh, they already have Beastmen.
* CD & Lizards: Already have other MA6 ST4 blitzers.
* Skaven: As this is a tourney team, we're talking high TR. At high TR, Skaven can easily make a ST4 blitzer if they want to, Horns is only a double away.

<b>WE Lino</b>
Taking a Lineelf brings an AG4 ball-carrier. If you take a WE lino the player also comes with MA7, which is higher than what many bashing teams can usually get. For this reason I'd never consider a DE or HE lino. This is a solid pick for any team that doesn't normally have access to AG4 players. I'd skill him up to Sure Hands-Blodge and then try never to gain another spp. The only teams that shouldn't pick a WE lino are Elves & Skaven for obvious reasons.

<b>Dorf</b>
Taking a Dorf brings an AV9 Thick Skull player. The only reason to pick a Dorf over a Beastman or a WE lino is if you prefer to add durability to your team. No regular player is harder to get off the field than a Dorf. I can see some races that could prefer that durability and would pick a Dorf:
* Elves & Skaven: Stick him on the LOS to protect the players that are going to win the game for you. Nevermind him being a prize, any prize player has a limited life span anyway and this gives you the most of him while he is on your team. Taunt your opponents whenever they foul him and fail to break armour. Cool Personally I'd not pick the Dorf for WE as they already have the Tree for this purpose.
* Amazons & Norse would be tempted to go with the Dorf for the same reason, but they have better use for the other picks than do Elves & Skaven. It's a matter of playstyle and personal taste and in the end I'd probably pick a Dorf for them, if only because I think it fits the fluff best.
* CD: A 7th CD blocker would actually be a great addition to the CD team.

My picks with regard to the above would be:
* Chaos, Nurgle & Lizards pick a WE lino.
* Elves, Skaven, CD, Amazons & Norse pick a Dorf (except WE, who pick a Beastman).
* Everybody else would probably pick a WE lino, but that's just me ranking it slightly higher than a Beastman. Preferences may vary.

If you want to go a little bit out of the box, you could go for adding an OTS player to teams that don't normally have access to one. This would mean a Skink for most teams, or a Goblin if you often find yourself hiring Ripper or Morg (and you aren't playing Orcs).

So, what would you pick?
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You miss some options: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16040
Wink
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
You miss some options: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=16040
Wink

Embarassed I suck.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Beastman! My elves would love some extra strength (and strength skills).
Not that I'm in that tournament....

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

2 zombies and a cheerleader....
p4m

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Wink

someone is protecting his thread Wink
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So, when is this duplicate going to be locked? This thread sucks, especially since in the original one 9 different player types got more votes than your top choice, the wood elf line-elf, who only got 2 out of 136.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

we have a better thread. though the analysis was nice, limited though it was.

Jump to: