48 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

hi i'm completely useless at computers Embarassed i wonder could anyone explain (in v. simple terms) all these patches 7a, 7b etc. there seems to be a new one every time i log on do i need them all? ive got 7a at the moment and its taken me long enough to sort that out Confused
UberEvil

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Java Bowl is a constant work in progress. Therefore updates and corrections are made to the software now and then. There is a single person programming the game and therefore the updates are relatively small. They also sometimes contain bugs, which is followed by yet another version. Although new versions come up a lot, it's really easy to be up to date. Just dowload and copy the files to you Java Bowl directory and write over any files if asked.

You should always have the latest version unless stated otherwise on FUMBBL. So for now you should download 7c and get gaming.

Happy gaming Very Happy
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

7.0d is the one you want....

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2003 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The way it works is there is always a major version. Like the 7.0a is the current major version (and it is not a patch). This download is large and contains all the images, files, etc.

After that there are patches. Each new patch contains all the fixes from the previous patch. So right now there have been 3 patches for 7.0. Those would be 7.0b, 7.0c, and 7.0d.
To get a brand new install that is the latest 7.0d version you do this:

Download the major version (7.0a). Install that. Then download the latest patch (7.0d). Install that. Now you are up to date. So all you ever need is the latest patch. You don't need 7.0b, or 7.0c because 7.0d includes all of those fixes.

You should only have to download the major version once. So if you have a working 7.0d version and a 7.0e patch comes out. You only need to download 7.0e and install it. You don't have to redownload the major version again.

Hope this helps.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

thanx guys it all makes a bit more sense to me now. Mr. Green
 Jump to: