42 coaches online • Server time: 14:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So here we go
Welcome to the 4th Major event this year, the Lustrian Challenge.
Thx to the staff for doing all the work =)

Predictions will be done asap as long as someone wants to do. so give me a shout what qualifier you are going to predict.

Q1 - painstate - *click*
Q2 - WindexChugger - *click*
Q3 - WindexChugger - *click*
Q4
Q5
Q6
Q7 - Malmir - *click*
Q8 - Wreckage - *click*
Q9
Q10
Q11
Q12 - Reisender - *click*
Q13 - Emphasy - *click*
Q14
Q15 - WG|Dark_Angel - *click*
Q16

Additional *Infos* by Kharnete

Last edited by p4m on %b %03, %2009 - %20:%Sep; edited 21 times in total
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict i will be defeated by TheCount in the final of Q9. We both have a pretty easy path to the final, but his pumped up, elfbowling wood elf scum have just too much of an inflated TR/TS (second biggest TS of all 128 teams) for my chaos dwarves to handle!
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to predict "Lustrian Challenge III Qualifier III". It's got several of my favorite FUMBBL teams (Flachpfeifens 4th try, Mass Effect, Reptile Revolution, and Blood Sea Buccaneers.)

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the lowet TR that got in?!

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well now, the Third Lustrian Challenge is upon us! 128 teams signed up, but in the end there can only be 1. I'll be looking at the Third Qualifying bracket of the Third Lustrian Challenge in which several big teams are playing, including "Blood Sea Buccaneers" and "Flachpfeifens 4th try"

The first of the line up is:
ImageFlachpfeifens 4th try (245 / 221) vs ImageA present for you (282 / 254)

Wow...what a initial match up. We have the very old Skaven playing against the relatively brand new Dark Elves. Both teams look incredibly strong. 4th try will be going in with 2 handicaps, which will easily decide match. 4th try has two nigglers, both on key players. One is their only DP, and the other is a crazy dauntless/horns MA10/sprint blodge gutter runner. If the gutter niggles out, the skaven will be pressed to win. A present for you, on the other hand, has 4 nigglers! One on a stip baller, the other three on three separate 76+ SPP, +stat elves! With the elves giving two handicaps, a virus could spell the end of the game just as it begins. One thing that A present for you is bringing into the game that Flachpfeifens 4th try isn't, is bash power. A present has 3 tackle/MB players which could spell certain doom to unwary gutters. A final note: 4th try: 21FF, A present: 9FF. Could be very significant in the upcoming match.

Predictions: This game is really going to depend on the dice, I think. If a virus hits, Flachpfeifens 4th try won't have much to worry about. But if 4th try's star gutter niggles out, it could be the end. Also, with only one DP in the game, but 3 MBs on the opposite side, the casualties will be very important. In the end, I've got to go with track records: 4th try win about 3/4ths of their games, while A present only wins ~1/2.

Final Score: Flachpfeifens 4th try 2 - 1 A present for you
Actual Score: Flachpfeifens 4th try 3 - 2 A present for you

Next up we have what I think will be looked back on as a slaughter:
ImageMass Effect (248 / 231) vs ImageBlood Sea Buccaneers (256 / 226)

I'm sorry PainState, but it looks like you humans are in for a rough match. I mean, I really like coaches who bring "Forlorn" races to majors (look at me, I coach Lizards) and I'm also a big fan of teams with fluff and history (see my Lizards...although less on history compared to other teams) but I don't see you winning this one. First...the facts: no handicaps either side. 15FF ME, 11FF BSB. Each team carries a niggler. Mass Effect on a Chaos Warrior (seriously people...stop bringing big players to majors carrying niggles!) with blackle/claw. BSB's niggler is on a DP, but not their only one. Mass Effect is bringing 14 players to the game, while Blood Sea Buccaneers brings 16, a number which I think will help them a great deal. Mass Effect bring to the game 3 STR4 and 3 STR5 players, two players with claw and another with claw/rsc. Blood Sea Buccaneers have two nice blodge/AGI4 blitzers, but one was also injured -STR. Why he's being kept, I'm not sure...

Predictions: As I said earlier, I think it'll be a slaughter. The Chaos completely out strength the Humans, who have only 1 player with more then STR3, and only 4 guard. The Chaos bring several killing machines, including two DPs. First half will probably see the Humans broken. Second half will be a breeze. If the humans recieve first, I can see this going into over time, but a longer game is not what the humans want. Either way, the humans lose.

Final Score: Mass Effect 2 - 0 Blood Sea Buccaneers
Actual Score: Mass Effect 0 - 1 Blood Sea Buccaneers

The Third game on our list is with two teams I've not heard of and...WOW! How the...wow...wow. When I said the previous game was going to be a slaughter...wow. 3...no 4!! These Dark Elves CANNOT be looking forward to:
ImageIllidan's Eleven (236 / 233) vs ImageDanish Terror (341 / 264)

I'm going to start with the Dark Elves. They have the lowest TR of Qualifiers III. They look like a very even team; no player stands out amongst the rest. They are a rather new team, they carry one niggler, and have only 10 FF. Danish Terror: the best/worst FUMBBL Birthday was before my time, but is this one of the whispered about "Birthday Teams"? With 341 TR(!), Danish Terror bring 4 (count them) claw/rsc players, and 4 DPs to the game. This is a team with one thing on their mind: KILL! They have 20FF, one niggler (a DP), and did I mention 4 claw/rsc? 3 of the claw/rsc players have tackle as well, and one even has multiblock. The only things going for Illidan's Eleven is AGI4, and 5 handicaps. If the handicaps are good, then Illidan's Eleven could pull it out.

Predictions: Unless the elves get some nice handicaps, I don't see it ending well for them. The Chaos will slaughter the elven team, especially if Nuffle is feeling violent that day.

Final Score: Illidan's Eleven 1 - 2 Danish Terrors in OT
Actual Score: Illidan's Eleven 1 - 2 Danish Terrors in OT

The last game of Round I of Qualifier III of Lustrian Challenge III is:
ImageSuperegos (239 / 234) vs ImageReptile Revolution (256 / 222)

High Elves are a fairly new team. Like the Illidan's Eleven, Superegos don't have any "star players" although they do have one +STR and two +AGI players. Unfortunately, their only strip baller is niggled, and they are very important vs Lizardmen. Reptile Revolution aren't at all new. They've won a qualifier and the previous Lizardman XFL. While the elves do have some tackle, they lack any bash power; they have neither MB nor DP. The same cannot be said for the lizardmen, however. They bring 5 MB and a DP to the game. One of the skinks has even skilled up +STR +STR, although he is niggled. The high elves get only 1 handicap; we'll see if it'll be enough.

Predictions: Comparing track records and team, I can only see one result. Elves slowly being bashed off the pitch, and lizardmen staying on. I see the 2-1 bash grind.

Final Score: Superegos 1 - 2 Reptile Revolution in OT
Actual Score: Superegos 1 - 2 Reptile Revolution

Thoughts on Qualifier III:
This looks to be a rather bashy qualifier. Two Chaos teams, both of which look incredibly dangerous, and a rather bashy Lizardman team. The only strong agility teams I see in the qualifier are playing each other round one. If my predictions are right, Round II will be rather exciting. Rats vs Chaos...should be fun. And Killer Chaos vs Lizardmen...those skinks will be dying all over the place methinks. But that's just assuming I'm right...which I am very likely to not be.

Until next week,

WindexChugger

Editor's Edit: It's still the first day of LC III, and I've decided to make a quick, non-detailed (compared to the previous writing) prediction on the whole qualifier.

Round II: This will be the deciding round, I think. Two chaos get through, as well as a bashy Lizardman team...who will make it through Round II unhurt?

4th try vs Mass Effect: Rats didn't get the gold for anything, and I don't think Mass Effect will either. Mass Effect will hurt 4th try, but 4th try will come out on top. If p4m has to use apoth on his niggled OTS Gutter (which I think he should if niggles out) things will be bloody indeed. And in the few games I've played vs Calcium have been rather bloody. Calcium is fun to play against, but he is also ruthless Very Happy

Danish Terrors vs Reptile Revolution: Danish Terror have a 30 FF game, but have a rather high TR, so I think they don't get enough gold. Reptile Revolution may get a wizard, though, in their 32 FF game. RR get a few handicaps. Reptile Revolution get through, but they take some 'battle damage.'

Finals: 4th try vs Reptile Revolution. I think both teams have the gold for wizard. Reptile Revolution are worse off after their Round II game than 4th try. 4th try win the qualifiers (sorry Lizards!) but they'll be pretty beat up for the main event. Those three games will have to count.

This is just a quick prediction, I'll do the real thing after round I is finished. This is just here so I can say "Hey look, I was right!" or for you all to get a laugh at my silly predictions and how none of it happened.

Last edited by WindexChugger on %b %15, %2009 - %20:%Aug; edited 6 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I will take Qualifier #1.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll do qualifier 7. Painstate - what is TNT?
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Malmir -> http://fumbbl.com/help:TNT
Jokaero

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The Space Orcs don't need to win a qualifier to enter the final draw (as they did the last 2 majors) Smile
They will still try to win Qualifier XVI.
Though, I predict them to lose in the final vs. neophyte's Falling Down.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had some free time, and worked an excel just for curiosity...

Racial distribution:

orc 30
dark elf 17
chaos 15
dwarf 12
chaos dwarf 11
wood elf 10
high elf 8
skaven 7
human 5
ogre 3
khemri 2
undead 2
amazon 1
elf pro 1
lizardmen 1
necromantic 1
nurgle 1
vampire 1

Average TR: 246,37
Average TS: 232,19

Top 10 TR Teams

Danish Terror - Chaos - 341
Falling Down - Dark Elf - 337
Whitekillers - Orc - 312
Fleetfoot's Revenge I - Orc - 312
Death's Angels - Chaos - 308
Banks - Chaos - 302
Jerusalem - Chaos - 300
Higgis Haubencenter - Wood Elf - 300
Sithis revenge - Wood Elf - 292
non mi passa! - Orc - 287

Top 10 TS Teams

Falling Down - Dark Elf - 307
Higgis Haubencenter - Wood Elf - 296
Athel Loren 1337 Moviestars - Wood Elf - 293
Death's Angels - Chaos - 287
Sithis revenge - Wood Elf - 281
Jerusalem - Chaos - 274
Southern Sons - Dark Elf - 274
Ariochs Chosen - Chaos - 273
Porcelain Longears - Wood Elf - 273
Fleetfoot's Revenge I - Orc - 269

Bottom 10 TR Teams

Titans of Tzeentch - Chaos Dwarf - 209
Trust in Nuffle - Chaos - 210
T-Stone Greens - Orc - 210
Jewish Beards - Chaos Dwarf - 210
Whizzo Chocolate Company - Nurgle - 210
Badland Gods - Orc - 211
Strong Female Characters II - Amazon - 213
WenkTeam - Ogre - 214
BBC Moemmes - Orc - 215
Brass Eyes - Chaos - 215

Bottom 10 TS Teams

WenkTeam - Ogre - 171
Highend-Hifi - Orc - 190
Jewish Beards - Chaos Dwarf - 195
Whizzo Chocolate Company - Nurgle - 195
T-Stone Greens - Orc - 196
Badland Gods - Orc - 196
Trust in Nuffle - Chaos - 197
Brass Eyes - Chaos - 199
Titans of Tzeentch - Chaos Dwarf - 201
Clan Moulder Packmaster - Skaven - 201
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one Lizardman?! I guess I should have tried harder to get mine prep'd for the tourney.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Predictions for Qualifier VII. (Never worked out how to hyperlink without the full link appearing on screen on fumbbl so you'll have to go look at specific teams).

Whizzo Chocolate Company (Sergeibautin) v Too Tough (Rackasaur).
Rotters have a couple of really good players but overall are fairly week. They are also carrying three niggles, one of which is on their claw/rsc. Dwarves are well balanced and should have too much for the rotters although the rotters may manage some damage on their way out.

Prediction: Too Tough 1:0

Banks (Dusko) v Short Wild Purple (Purplechest)
Banks look very strong on paper with three str 4 Beastmen and a str6 Ogre. Chaos Warriors are solid and two claw/rsc and 2dp offer considerable damage potential. One of those rsc is a 208 spp str4 monster whose worth anyone's boot. Short Wild Purple have a few excellent players but a fair few rookies too meaning they lack str in depth. If Banks take out the str 5 bull that will probably be enough. Should be worth watching this one as purple will need all his skills to break the bank. A likely four handicaps could be inmportant but not enough in my opinon.

Prediction: Banks 2:1 after overtime.

Church Of Machaos (Bitesize) v Kevin and Friends (Nestoroide)
Chaos have plenty of guard but only three tackle and no cutting edge at all. The darkies are a well balanced team and should progress fairly easily. I don't see how chaos can win unless errors are made or nuffle steps in.

Prediction: Kevin and Friends 2:1

Pleasedon'thurtus2bad (Thelastninja) v Heart of Antheras (Strawberrykiss)
2 tackle for orc v 9 blodgers looks bad for the orcs. Woodies are fairly solid throughout without spectacular players whilst chaos do have plenty of destructive players but without tackle on most their impact could be limited. Two good coaches should make for a very good game and dice rolls could well decide it. I think the woodies will prevail but whether they will have much left for the remainder of the tourney is questionable.

Prediction: pleasedon'thurtus2bad 3:1

Overall Prediction. I think the winners of Banks v Short Wild Purple and PLeasedon'thurtus2bad and Heart Of Antheras will meet in the final, whomever they may be. With good coaches and teams, this is a qualifier worth watching and overall I think Banks will triumph, although I don't think they will have it all their own way getting through.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:
The Third game on our list is with two teams I've not heard of and...WOW! How the...wow...wow.

Danish Terror: the best/worst FUMBBL Birthday was before my time, but is this one of the whispered about "Birthday Teams"?

First of Thank you for a fun and well written qualifyer prediction. Keep up the good work.

Strange that you have missed Danish Terror. Its not the first time they terrorised majors. As for being a birthday team while you where taking a look you could have looked up there first match date 2008-06-16. That would easelly have told you that this is not a birthday team as they are created after the infamus 2008 birthday. Others that know of Jesperius might have confused them with LRB5 another and older chaos team who where around for the birthday coached by the same coach.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
(Never worked out how to hyperlink without the full link appearing on screen on fumbbl so you'll have to go look at specific teams).

It's regular old html. To get a link in, its:

"<" a href=(insert link) ">" (what you want to appear on the screen) "</>" a ">"

(remove the quotes, I didn't want to actually make it a link)

If you want to link via an image, in the "a href" part add in an "img src = (link to image)" in brackets in place of the text.

It makes the prediction threads much easier to read.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

its not HTML on the message bord it called BBCode and is slightly different.

"["url=INSERT URL HERE]NAME THAT YOU WANT CLICKEBLE[/url"]"
for pictures "["img]LINK TO PICTURE[/img"]"

Remove quotation marks they are just there so the code does not show as links and broken images

and now we are at it

This Click this to go to the TNT to get news about LC III. Thats right a clickeble picture! that will take you stright to the TNT

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
 Jump to: