46 coaches online • Server time: 16:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Coteaz92

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ok...im new around here. I played a bit of table top. When i came here i would often get yelled at for "stalling". I was like WTF are you talking about!!! Then i played a freinds team in a tourny(i am a bit better player) and he had a bunch of players that could cause very much damage(claw RSC MP PO types). This caused me to ignore the ball more and go for CAS. I found that then the other guy would hold the ball on the endzone and cage so badly i couldnt acess him. Then he would bleed the clock. WOW this worked well!!! The counter from someone who always plays the ball........DONT LET THE BALLCARRIER BE FREE!!!! its YOUR FAULT if the other guy is in an opportunity to stall. In my humble opnion, and i have played a lot of games tabletop wich i ADMIT is diffrent than here if you are stalled on its because you failed to hold off the offense from supporting the ballcarrier. Since i always played the ball i have never found this to be a sound tactic. Thank you for your time!!
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

speak the truth!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome.

Don't drop the soap.
Synn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You and I will get along well.....

__Synn
gallahbrains

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing wrong with stalling ... or knocking one guy over and fouling him with a bunch of assists.

If they stall make them pay for it. It's all fair and all part of the game.
StarBreeze

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Its Yoko Ono's fault. Not yours.

Remember this.
lord_real

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome here!

But WHY must we have one more active post about stalling?

Cant we just let the subject rest?
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

This is called evolving.

Multiple fouling threads have turned to multiple stalling threads.

If we only could get "you are banned for the rest of your life if you take more than 2 minutes per turn'"-thread.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

everyone can score in four turns...even scoring in two turns is not that hard with the right team or just lucky.... but to score in eight turns is true art... or the opponents fault

btw do we have to discuss in every foul/stall thread if we need the foul/ stall thread.... why don't make a separate thread.... (or post something in one that already exists... am not sure about that)

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %06, %2006 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

... (edited: same post)
Summoner500

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yet but if your gona just beat up the opposition and ignore the ball, why play Blood bowl find some other online game where you just smash each others brains out.
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Summoner500 wrote:
Yet but if your gona just beat up the opposition and ignore the ball, why play Blood bowl find some other online game where you just smash each others brains out.

Skillful stalling isn't about ignoring the ball, you're guarding it while running down the clock and continuing to beat down your opponent. Most teams will be throwing as many blocks as possible even when they aren't stalling, so there isn't much difference. It's a hard skill to pull off effectively and my hat goes off to those who can maintain it for several turns.

In my last two matches I finally worked up the courage to attempt my first stalls. Damn, if you haven't tried it before it's one of the biggest rushes I've ever had playing. Exciting and scary at the same time.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Unknown-spc-Kadath.png]Image[/url]
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Summoner500 wrote:

Ah, but then the problem isn't stalling, it's the injury table! Since the injury table is as it is and you can easily die by just running down the pitch, which is far more unlikely in real life, I would think that "beating up the opposition" is actually a big part of the game called Bloodbowl.
Meech

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Montagne wrote:
Its Yoko Ono's fault. Not yours.

Remember this.

Must she ruin everything? Thank god she got the Beatle's right!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling isn't always the fault of the stallee. When a team is heavily outnumbered there are hardly any way to stop the staller. The stallee then mostly has few very hazardous options to stop the stall. (much like the heroic tackle of 2nd edition Smile )
A good stall in an even match is fine tactics. A stall against a heavily outnumbered team is a boring no-brainer.

Jump to: