49 coaches online • Server time: 19:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which do you prefer?
BB games
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
real life sport
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
movies/TV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
food (yes, including PIE, if you wish)
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
tummy rub
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Archevol

Post 15 Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't a query about where you have the most fun playing BB, it's a question of where - and using what race - you think showcases your skills to their best effect.

For example, my preferred BB games are on fumbbl, simply because I get a huge range of opponents, and get to keep teams beyond maybe ten or so games.

However, I'm undoubtedly a better player on TT. Many of you will say it's the quality of opponents, but I don't have anyone to play that have fewer than several hundred games under their belts. I find that, tactically, I'm far more astute with the models in front of me. Effectively, I think I'm a 'visual' player.

I also find that playing balanced, or weaker teams; (humans, rotters, etc), tends to bring out the best in me, because I get less complacent about the vulnerabilities and capabilities of my players.

How would you chaps/ladies consider yourselves?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Playing a weaker or downright strange team.

I dont think TT vs FUMBBL matters much apart from the time pressure you sometimes get towards the end of games in TT.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

When I'm awake and using Elves against something bashy, on FUMBBL. Or something rubbish, with something rubbish, you have to think harder, so it brings out the best in you more.

I often play (in these days of having a job) tired and give the game less than my full attention. This is easier to do on TT, but, for whatever reason, I've not fully played as well as I can on a board yet (I know most people can just jump back and forth, no worries), although it is getting closer with every game. I remember in our CC game I thought a player was stunned in a square, but he wasn't, so you had a route to 2d. That sort of error doesn't come on FUMBBL.

I probably only play as well as I can half to 60% of the time. I try and grind out results when I know I'm not at 100%, but I don't always get away with it. Wink
Archevol

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of which, 'goo, we're not far of playing our first-ever fumbbl match in the WIL.

Should be a good one, if PeteW leaves any of my players alive.... Cool
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I hope it will be good. Sadly, I've picked up numerous niggles, some Pete induced.

It's only fair he whacks some of yours too. Wink
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me coach a Chaosteam on Fumbbl and I think I'll be equal to most anyone here. Preferred TR is high, 200+. I'll do okay coaching Humans and Orcs, but not nearly as well with elves.

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yarp - I think it's fair to say that there is a percentage of guys (8-10?) on here that if you get them coaching their best, it's very tough indeed to split them. Stuff like racial selection and pimping and dice have greater bearing on results than talent, at the top end, talent is so tight that seperation is nigh on impossible. Archevol has got the right idea, whoever you are, you're always more comfortable in some situations than others.

For instance, I hate Chaos, you strange, strange, Beast. Differences are cool. Smile
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Im playing my best with elfs or Skaven and beeing down on players...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Box.

I think I have improved a ton, since the box went up. It made me realize, that elves a my strong suit.
 Jump to: