54 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twonky

Post 12 Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My underdog Chaos team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=562806

are playing the ever so slightly better Very Happy darkelves http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=453801

So im looking for any advice on what I should do to give a decent showing. apart from praying for virus, Im the greatest and It wasnt me of course
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice would be, play your own game and enjoy the match Wink
benjysmyth

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to cripple as many of those sissy elf-balling wusses as you possibly can. You probably won't win the match, but getting as much blood on the pitch as you can is all the fans want from a game like this.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Best shot I can see, assuming nuffle doesn't give you a free pass (sick sick dice or brutal handis in your favor) is to use your AG4 chaos warrior as you ball carrier, cage up as best you can, and spend a whole half stalling with him and score T8. Then with his drive he either stalls for OT or tries to score early to win in regulation. If he scores early, try to repeat your first-half stalling.

Foul. You need to throw yourself on nuffle's mercy. No conservative strategy has a chance against a much stronger team. Foul with the eye and hope for blood.

If you get Illegal Drugs, I'd consider +ST on the +AG CW. You'd have yourself a mini-Count. If you get Knuckledusters, drop them onto the Claw beast.

Good for you:
-DEs have no DP
-DEs have no MB
-You have a couple solid ball handlers
-You're getting a pile of handicaps
-Several 'n' players for the DEs are great for Virus (which becomes a reasonably likely chance) and just flat out missing the 1/6 roll.
-Only DE with Strip Ball is 'n' and also lacks Leap or AG5 (making him a weak cage-buster

Bad for you:
-No Tackle versus a pile of Dodge
-DE ball handling appears rock-solid
-You only have 11 players
-Between +ST (esp the witch), Guard, and Daunt, the DEs will hit back
-You're very light on bashy skills (1 claw, MB only on troll, 1 DP)

Props for putting a team in and looking to give a good accounting of yourself. While I gave you the outline of how I'd see you winning, the odds of that working seem remote. This has the look of a 3-0 or 4-0 game, and anything better I'll consider a good showing.

Best of luck.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

With virus you are already up 11on9 with some of their best players out. Reduce their numbers and go for the 2-1 grind.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, you should roll virus and greatest and it wasnt me, and then destroy the last 5 guys.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

-Cage with your whole team
-Take no chances with the ball even if that means yuo might not score
-Keep your team together, do NOT spread out unless you have to. They are mobile, you less so
-Try to use your superior strengh and ST4 blitzes to knock the elves down wherupon you go for the foul
-Only foul if you can get a decent amount of assists, I'd say 4 minimum (including the fouling player)
-Always protect your claw-beastman and blitz with him as often as it is possible
-Pray to the seven gods of pain that you get nice armor/injury rolls

-Profit

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
Eghost

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

Good for you:
-DEs have no DP
-DEs have no MB
-You have a couple solid ball handlers
-You're getting a pile of handicaps
-Several 'n' players for the DEs are great for Virus (which becomes a reasonably likely chance) and just flat out missing the 1/6 roll.
-Only DE with Strip Ball is 'n' and also lacks Leap or AG5 (making him a weak cage-buster

I dont know which team you looked at, but they have 3 MB. Which is a waste in my opinion but thats another discussion.
Twonky

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice Ill post up when Im playing if anyone wants to cheer for an underdog
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Pray for get the ref too, he has no DP.
Twonky

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

An Underdogs Prayer

Our Nuffle who art in BloodBowl
Let my fans get the ref
Make his team succumb to virus (Morelys revenge will do in a pinch)
Let his player be arrested for crimes they didn't commit
And let egos get the better of his team.
PS Smiting his players with rocks would also be a bonus

Hopefully Nuffle goes all old testament on his ass (not mine)
maysrill

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2009 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Eghost wrote:

I dont know which team you looked at, but they have 3 MB. Which is a waste in my opinion but thats another discussion.

Err, yeah. I guess those MBs got lost in the shuffle, not being on the witches and all.
Twonky

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2009 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Ive got to try and do it again against an even nastier team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=418020.
Help and advice offerings to nuffle welcome
maysrill

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2009 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, bashing elves kinda works, even if you've got the smaller basher. This time you're up against a team that will essentially be trying to play the same style as you, except they have much better tools at their disposal.

The question becomes not what you need to do to have the best chance to win, but rather what must you do to appease Nuffle and have him grant you the dice you'll need.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
 Jump to: