29 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What shoudl be changed in LRB6?
Give all dorfs disturbing presence!
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Nerf wood elves moar!
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
2-4Halfling PIE WARRIOR 5/3/4/8 Thick Skull, Bomb (pie), Always Hungry
24%
 24%  [ 23 ]
Give human catchers av8
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Nerf Orcs?
27%
 27%  [ 26 ]
Give macavity +2 ST and claw
21%
 21%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 93

Reisender

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, somebody in this thread suggested we get our own room for lrb5/6 roster discussion (zons in this case). Therefore, I rent this cheap motel room. Please check if the linen is clean before posting and discuss:

How do you like the new LRB5/6 rosters. Who is overpowered. What roster would you love to see e.g. for zons? Are norse a real team finally? Shouldnt Wood Elves be nerfed more (ma7 catchers and av6 dancers)? Why are High Elves boosted and why have Darkies now 24 positionals? Are rats still the coolest race?

PLEASE NOTE: As far as I know, it is highly unlikely that fumbbl will ever implement "wild" roster changes - so just discuss for the fun...
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazon roster is a little uninspired, Orcs need to be nerfed. But that's all, as far as I'm concerned.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to change the high elf team. Give them back their positional names.
avien

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why they nerfed Ogre and Khemri, two less competitive teams, while boosting two of the best, dwarfs and dark elves. When that is said, I do like most of the changes they did, as well as all the new skills.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Chaos are now overpowered as they get free access too all mutations, no longer needed doubles for mutations allows them to be excellent ball handlers because of extra arms and big hands, they can have 2+ dodges with two heads, tentacles and prehensile tail makes getting away from them very hard, and full access to strength skills across the team gives them a lot of power when blitzing because of the new strength skills combined with Horns. In my opinion they are possibly a little too powerful once at a high TV although they still remain one of the trickier teams to get started and will probably still continue to loose or draw there first few games(on average). Also their big guy has free access to mutations as well so can get tentacles very early on which will making messing up cages a lot easier than ever before with chaos.

They also get to start with a far better roster than they did in LRB4 as they no longer need any FF. So they can start with a team of 4 Chaos Warriors, 7 Beastmen and 3 re-rolls. They don’t need to bother with an apothecary either because of journeymen so can just buy one when ever suits them.

I can’t see any real weakness to there team with the possible exception of their lack of speed, but with access to guard across the team as well as access to might blow and mutations means their lack of speed shouldn’t really cause them any problems apart from the early games - until they get some tackle and other skills that will help them take out players such as Wardancers.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

avien wrote:
I wonder why they nerfed Ogre ...

This is in my view the biggest question of them all. The Ogre team as such was not in any way overpowering (read über). Yet they limit ogres from 12 to 6 AND nerf goblins into snotlings. I would like to hear GW's reasoning behind this as it is imho completely insane. They could have atleast kept gobbos if anything. The only thing that I can see is that they listened to a bunch of knowitalls complaining that x amount of ST 5 players is too much bla bla, but failed to see the mechanics behind the team.

As for Khemri I welcome the changes. Perhaps the team will be much weakend by the changes, but the team as it was were too much "Undead with four mummies".

maysrill

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs (nerf) - Remove 2 BoBs or remove 2 blitzers. Remove goblins entirely.

Amazons (buff) - Add 0-1 Kroxigor and blitzers av8 (costing 100k)

Khemri (buff) - Thro-ra AG3 (90k cost)

Wood elves (nerf) - Remove 2 catchers

Ogres (buff) - Put them back the way they were

Dwarfs (nerf/buff) - Remove blitzers. Add 0-2 Ironbreaker 3 3 1 10, Block, Thick Skull, Stand Firm (G,S) (90k) (I'd rather they have something flavory than that silly, too-agile generic blitzer)

Halfling (buff) - 0-3 Trees

Chaos (flavor) - Remove minotaur. Add Dragon Ogre 6 5 1 9, MB, Thick Skull, Loner, Sure Feet, Bonehead (basically a Krox with Sure Feet in place of PT, same cost)

I'd also like to see a Bloodletter-based Khorne team, but I'll save that for another time.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Garion

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

avien wrote:
I wonder why they nerfed Ogre and Khemri, two less competitive teams, while boosting two of the best, dwarfs and dark elves. When that is said, I do like most of the changes they did, as well as all the new skills.

I don’t think they made dark elves any better I just think they gave them another player for you to ignore and never use, but the other players (the ones you will use) are still fine.
The dwarves could have done with out being given that death roller though.
Khemri needed to be nerfed IMO they were too powerful. It is a shame Undead have been weakened though, no access to block for mummies is not very nice at all - which leaves Necro as the only really competitive undead team.

I think High elves needed a little improving so they could compete with dark elves, so their improvements are welcome and I’m glad Nurgle, Norse and Goblins got given proper rosters this time. It is also nice the vamps can no longer kill their own players.

I don’t understand the thinking behind Ogres though, they are now even more pointless than they were before and I really hate how they have ruined Halflings, the lack of a master chef really sucks and now they can’t even throw team mate a long pass anymore. Why did they ruin a lower tier team? It just means one less team to play with and it is one of my favourite races.

I’m a little disappointed that Chaos Dwarves no longer get access to Trolls but mutations on a doubles for their blockers makes up for it.

I really don’t like journey men, wrestle or inducements either and I think that it really sucks how stand firm no longer works properly.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

GOGO Dragon Ogres \o/

Remove Zons entirely, or make them a team rather than generic linewomen with different skills..

Up the prize of orc Bliterz to 90k

Remove Ogres, or give them back goblins to make them somewhat competitive again.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

in general i like the new ruleset. things i would like to change

i really would like to see human catchers with av8. in my opinion humans (with orcs) should be one of the standard bloodbwol races and not a "forlorn" race as they are atm. av8 would not change the player dynamic, and in no way be overpower, while making at least sth out of one of the worst positionals in BB

the ogre nerf is also in my eyes one of the worst changes

i dont know of khemri are really nerfed, at least they got a little more movement on the tomb guys and throw-ras

high elves were, imno, easily able to compete with darkies and di not need a boost (in my eyes darkies were just more popular because of being "cool and evil" (that was the reason i started playing them as a little nerd lots of years ago, and as a big nerd i continue doing so)

change amazon to sth cool by changing the whole roster (as discussed in our old room)

what is the TTM chage you talk about? i thought TTM would be easier for flings as trees have strong arm and no more loner skill for fling teams
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
what is the TTM chage you talk about? i thought TTM would be easier for flings as trees have strong arm and no more loner skill for fling teams

Only quick and short passes are possible.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I really don’t like journey men, wrestle or inducements either

Your other points are fair but what is wrong with these?

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Pact is the new cool kid on the block. Go pact!

I like the new Norse and Nurgle teams too. They are both a bit more distinctive now.

I really like the removal of traits: now everyone has more skills to choose from on normal rolls, meaning lots more variety in team builds.

I don't really see Chaos as being overpowered, as the more interesting mutations have all been nerfed. Rather, Chaos got a small, but necessary leg up up.

Also can someone explain to me how the decay skill + regeneration work together? Do you attempt to regenerate each injury separately? If so, Khemri got nerfed big time.

Oscar Wilde
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i guess it is first decay and then 1 regenerate roll to try to cure the injury that would occur.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 27, 2010 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Also can someone explain to me how the decay skill + regeneration work together? Do you attempt to regenerate each injury separately? If so, Khemri got nerfed big time.

You make 1 regen roll and it cures both injuries form decay (or fail both).