48 coaches online • Server time: 15:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dakkon12

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2010 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

@PainState: The fans of your predictions are missing the info mate. We already kicked off and there are still none...

@Everyone else: Will be glad to hear your opinions about, who is gonna win this years UI. It seems to be getting very interesting.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2010 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I certainly didn't predict that the Eaters would exit in the 1st round.

The bottom half I think will go:

Angels of the moon 1
Dirty Little Dinos 2

I think this will be a tight affair. Both teams have good records vs their opposing races. I expect the Dinos to whitle down the elf numbers and the DE to curtail the skink population and possibly boot out a saurus. This one could well be won in OT and a favour the Dinos to scrape through.

Sithi D Team 3
Porc Purple 1

If the teams were closer, I'd favor PC but as it is I think the woodies just have too much for him, unless he gets spectacular handicaps and/or dice.

Aguilas Negras 3
Haandbold Piger 2

This one may decided before the kick-off. Assuming that Aguilas Negras doesn't get crippled by the nigglers, then I think then I think that they can edge this one. They can afford to freeboot a lino and get a wiz. But if the niggles hit then it will be a landslide for Haandbold Piger.

I expect Sithi D Team to emerge as finalists from this side.
Nemeton

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2010 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the fact that after 5 games both Dwarf teams are out. What remains is one Lizard, one Human, one Orc and One Chaos - and of cause a bunch of high, dark and wood elves. I am SO hoping for a human vs Lizard final, that would just be awesome. But its going to be hard for the humans to reach the final against all the elves in the top half of the draw. To me the bottom half is more open with any of the teams having a shot at the final, all depending on injuries in games played.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Well Fumbbl fans Iam back and with a nice tan and had a lot of fun in the land of Florida.

Come back and see that the Eaters are out on a coin flip. The Dinos are making another run and the Woodland Gods bounce back from their close call with the Buccaneers and make a statement win 5-1.

Well Iam getting settled back in and catching up on all this "work" I got pilled up.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the early predictions were good.

Dinos got through 1-0 and taking less damage than expected.

PC got the short end of Nuffle's straw and went down 3-1 to the WEs, taking a frenzy WE lino with him.

Quarter-final Prediction:

Dirty Little Dinos 3
Sithi D Team 3

On the face of it the WEs appear to have a decent record vs Lizards. But most of those triumphs came at lowish TR. I sense this could be a weakness but the strength of the teams is far from equal and the dinos won't get lots of handicaps. The WEs have money for a player/star and a wiz, while I expect the dinos will bring Sibili to the party.

I think that the WEs might grab the early initiative but that the Lizards will grind their way into the match with mighty blows and ample use of the boot. A kind ref may swing this battle to the Lizards but I'm predicting a coin toss!

Finalist prediction update : NO IDEA...

Tathar wrote:
I certainly didn't predict that the Eaters would exit in the 1st round.

The bottom half I think will go:

Angels of the moon 1
Dirty Little Dinos 2

I think this will be a tight affair. Both teams have good records vs their opposing races. I expect the Dinos to whitle down the elf numbers and the DE to curtail the skink population and possibly boot out a saurus. This one could well be won in OT and a favour the Dinos to scrape through.

Sithi D Team 3
Porc Purple 1

If the teams were closer, I'd favor PC but as it is I think the woodies just have too much for him, unless he gets spectacular handicaps and/or dice.

Aguilas Negras 3
Haandbold Piger 2

This one may decided before the kick-off. Assuming that Aguilas Negras doesn't get crippled by the nigglers, then I think then I think that they can edge this one. They can afford to freeboot a lino and get a wiz. But if the niggles hit then it will be a landslide for Haandbold Piger.

I expect Sithi D Team to emerge as finalists from this side.
Tathar

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2010 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that the first round matches are all done the draw is (predictions so far in brackets):

Woodland Gods
Madriz 08

Yellow Fever
All your fame are belong to us

Dirty Little Dinos (3)
Sithi D Team (3)

Aguilas Negras (3)
Haandbold Piger (2)

--------------------------------

Top Half Prediction:

Yellow Fever 1
All your fame are belong to us 2

Yellow Fever did extremely well to shunt out the Eaters but they look over matched again as the humans have hired the Count. The Chaos have 3 niggles (2 on experienced players) vs 1 human niggle on a rookie; that could leave the Fever 9 vs. 14 at the start of the match. Anything could happen, and I expect the Chaos to put up a good fight, but in the end I believe that humanity will prevail.

Woodland Gods
Madriz 08

I'll shy away from predicting the score of my own match. On paper it looks like the woodies have the advantage. But they are fragile and an MB tackle blitzer can be a great equalizer against higher TR/TS WEs.
Dakkon12

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2010 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I will complete the last prediction Tathar, I believe it will be
Woodland Gods (3)
Madriz 08 (1)

with no OT..

Although I would prefer to face the HE, IF i come past the chaos im currently facing.

All in all its nice to see, that a few different teams came through, although WE vs WE final is still possible from what i see. Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2010 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dakkon12 wrote:
Woodland Gods (3)
Madriz 08 (1)

with no OT..

Although I would prefer to face the HE, IF i come past the chaos im currently facing.

All in all its nice to see, that a few different teams came through, although WE vs WE final is still possible from what i see. Razz

Dirty Little Dinos have done the biz in brutal fashion. Now the Woodland Gods are the sole WE representatives.

Wins by Buur and Dakkon12 will mean a very diverse Semi-final: 1 Elvish team, 1 Chaos team, 1 Human team and 1 Lizardmen team!
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2010 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

** ALERT UPDATE **

Well guys I got back from vacation and my work place has gone to S***. I work in a seasonal bussiness that is spring and summer...6 day a week 50+ hrs..BLAH BLAH.

Well to make a boring story short. I was transfered to our other location and every thing has been put on its head around here. Still have my job so that is good.

BUT in the fall and winter I have time to putz around with reports and stuff. That has taken a serious hit, with our busiest time of the year for me at work. So the updates will be fewer and hopefully not as far between. But dont lose faith Milford will get this all worked out and get back on track and providing excellent majors coverage and the inside scoops. Just need a little time to get this all figured out and find out what da hell is going on.

Plus I covet my little actual playing time so I dont feel like doing my Milford reports at night when I only have a hour and half to actually play.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2010 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Tathar wrote:
Dakkon12 wrote:
Woodland Gods (3)
Madriz 08 (1)

with no OT..

Dirty Little Dinos have done the biz in brutal fashion. Now the Woodland Gods are the sole WE representatives.

Wins by Buur and Dakkon12 will mean a very diverse Semi-final: 1 Elvish team, 1 Chaos team, 1 Human team and 1 Lizardmen team!

Well, it came otherwise, so there is definetely 1 Chaos team in the Semi-Final.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2010 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the second ruond predictions have been turned on their heads:

Dirty Little Dinos smashed Sithi D Team but took some hits themselves.

Aguilas Negras, hampered by niggles, were torn apart by Haandbold Piger.

Yellow Fever sent temperatures soaring by wiping out the last of humanity, All your fame are belong to us, from the UI.

Dirty Little Dinos 1
Haandbold Piger 2

The Dinos have 13 players, having hired Silibili and freebooted a skink. Haandbold Piger have 14 and have 7 claws... I think that the Dinos will be under pressure in this match. With lots of claw and DPs, the chaos can lay waste to the Saurus ranks and bash their way to victory. The Dinos can hit and run but the Piger have enough AG to match them in TDs. In a what could be several skirmishes of attrition I think the Chaos will win through to the finals.

Yellow Fever - Finalists

Well having overlooked this team twice I'm now going to tip them for an all chaos final! With 4 tackle (3 with damage/armour modifying skills), AG4, tents, foul appearance and a good coach I think they will beat a path to the final, regardless of the outcome of the last quarter-final.
Dakkon12

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2010 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The prediction was right and the Dinos lost, 3:1 even. So its gonna be either a full chaos or WE vs chaos final now...

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2010 - 01:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Semifinal Yellow Fever vs Woodland Gods will probably be played tomorrow at 03:00 Fumbbl time (8PM Friday for me, 10AM Saturday for him).

I'm expecting an outstanding match. Discuss...
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2010 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i expect boredom and your beastmen dying on triple skulls....

Wink
MadTias

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2010 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a Chaos on Chaos final in the most elven of tournaments! Exciting and unusual, good job Buur and Kryten, and Good luck in the final! When will you play?
 Jump to: