36 coaches online • Server time: 15:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I've got a question to the rules-experts out there: what happens exactly when a tree tries to stand up? He has a 50% chance to get up (on a 4+) at all and can go for it after that. But what about the Take Root roll? He lost his Take Root when he went down. What if he fails the roll upon getting up? Does he get up and is rooted right away?

Thanks for the input,
Kalimar
ultwe

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

From the rulebook:
Quote:
"[...]If a player fails his take root as part of his blitz action, he may not block that turn(he can still roll to stand up if prone)"

Seems to me that take root is rolled before stand up. failling take root does not prevent the roll for standing up, but the effects of take root are applied.

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
On1

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

rulebook wrote:
A player that has taken root may not"Go for it", be pushed back for any reason, or use any skill that would allow him to move out of his current square or be placed prone

Does the above mean that when a treeman has taken root it can not use Wrestle/Shadowing/Diving tackle/Sidestep? and that its standfirm is auto use and can not be canceled by juggernaut?

Just some stuff you might want to take into consideration Kalimar Razz unless you have done so already dunno. Smile

Hope i found the right rulebook here (not sitting at my own comp)
mubo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules: "A player that has taken root may not Go For It, be pushed back for any reason, or use any skill that would allow him to move out of his current square or be Placed Prone." That covers all skills On1 suggests. Might bring up a situation where a tree may choose not to use block.. but that's another thread...

If a tree takes root while prone, that continues to apply until he is knocked over again.

Lots of related rules Qs from http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/search.php?keywords=%22take+root%22&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Last edited by mubo on %b %12, %2010 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

On1, you make my head ache Smile

EDIT: just noticed that this should probably rather be in the "Rules Questions" forum. Perhaps someone could move it?
Garion

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
rulebook wrote:
A player that has taken root may not"Go for it", be pushed back for any reason, or use any skill that would allow him to move out of his current square or be placed prone

Does the above mean that when a treeman has taken root it can not use Wrestle/Shadowing/Diving tackle/Sidestep? and that its standfirm is auto use and can not be canceled by juggernaut?

Just some stuff you might want to take into consideration Kalimar Razz unless you have done so already dunno. Smile

Hope I found the right rulebook here (not sitting at my own comp)

He can still use wrestle as it will uproot him. But he cannot use the other skills. I was always under the impression that when down he cannot root because he is 'uprooted'. If he takes root then passes the stand up roll then he is rooted again until knocked down again. But if roots then fails to stand up it surely doesn't count as he is uprooted.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
On1 wrote:
rulebook wrote:

Hope I found the right rulebook here (not sitting at my own comp)

He can still use wrestle as it will uproot him. But he cannot use the other skills. I was always under the impression that when down he cannot root because he is 'uprooted'. If he takes root then passes the stand up roll then he is rooted again until knocked down again. But if roots then fails to stand up it surely doesn't count as he is uprooted.

You sure he can use wrestle?

rulebook wrote:
or use any skill that would allow him to be placed prone"

It makes sense that he would be able to use wrestle. But the rules as i read them tells me that he cant use wrestle. (the rules phrased in my quote may not have taken wrestle into consideration.)
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

He cannot use wrestle himself, but he can be placed prone by a player with wrestle and that would uproot him.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So, let's get this straight, if he doesn't have block, and has wrestle...he can't use wrestle to be placed prone, he must instead be..knocked over and placed prone and given an armour roll?

Seems kinda sucky, but I guess that's how the rules work.

Jump to: