45 coaches online • Server time: 23:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blizzt95

Post 18 Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just another one of those pesky new races for people to look at and either like or totally slam. I give you... Stunty Chaos Pact.

Now, honestly, I've never played a Chaos Pact team. Not before LRB4 or afterwards. With the idea that stunty might some day move towards the FFB client, I thought it might be interesting to have a team like this. If some Chaos Pact coach gets totally offended by this... tough luck.

0-2 Chaos Minotaur ( 5 5 2 8 ) - Mighty Blow, Regen, Thick Skull, Frenzy, Horns, TTM, Always Hungry, BG, WA [S/Ph] 120k
0-2 Chaos Troll (4 5 1 9) - Mighty Blow, Regen, RS, TTM, Always Hungry, BG [S/Ph] (100k)

0-6 Goblin (6 2 3 6) - Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff [A] 40k
0-2 Eshin Runner (7 1 3 6) - Dodge, Stunty [A] 40k
0-6 Chaos Fodder (5 2 3 6) - Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Horns [A/Ph] 60k
0-4 Eshin Runt (5 2 3 5) - Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff [A/Ph] 40k
0-2 Dark Assassin (6 1 4 6) - Dodge, Right Stuff [GA] 60k

0-1 Goblin Chainsaw (6 2 3 6) - Dodge, Right Stuff, Chainsaw [A] 60k

Rerolls: 70k
Apothecary allowed.

The fluff about the team is mainly derived from the Chaos Pact fluff, but directed towards stunties (runts of the litter, weaklings, etc). I know it's another version of "LRB team, only smaller", however the diversity Chaos Pact teams give to LRB teams could make the stunty version quite interesting.

I will be doing some playtesting with these guys (1 game already done). Please feel free to offer criticisms and suggestions for the team. One thing that might need changing is the cost of the troll, as even with 70,000 RR, a starting team can begin with three RR and eleven players.

Will add a post to include game reports.
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 1 -- Victory (2-1) over near-rookie Fairy team. Casualties for: 1/4/0. Casualties against: 1/1/0. 90,000 winnings on 49,000 gate. Plan to buy another Runner and a Runt. One goblin is MNG. TR: 100 -> 114

Game 2 -- Draw (1-1) against a more advanced Chaos Fling team. Cas for: 1/2/1 Cas against: 1/1/1. 70,000 winnings. Chainsaw died, and Troll niggled on first skill roll. One goblin is m, -av. TR: 114 -> 119

Last edited by blizzt95 on %b %22, %2010 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

are you testing them on TT?
octopec

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a really solid roster, lots of different choices in players. I'll give it a try for sure Smile
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Testing them in standalone mode with the client. Trying to figure out a way to upload my roster that I'm using so people can follow if curious.

By the way, if you want to test them out yourself, here's the icons.ini addition you can use:

[STUNTY PACT]
CHAOS TROLL=troll1.gif
CHAOS TROLL=troll2.gif
GOBLIN CHAINSAW=gochain1.gif
GOBLIN=goblin1.gif
GOBLIN=goblin2.gif
GOBLIN=goblin3.gif
GOBLIN=goblin4.gif
GOBLIN=goblin5.gif
ESHIN RUNNER=earunner1.gif
ESHIN RUNT=ssslave1.gif
ESHIN RUNT=ssslave2.gif
ESHIN RUNT=ssslave3.gif
CHAOS FODDER=gngnoblar1.gif
CHAOS FODDER=gngnoblar2.gif
CHAOS FODDER=gngnoblar3.gif
CHAOS FODDER=gngnoblar4.gif
CHAOS FODDER=gngnoblar5.gif
DARK ASSASSIN=eaassassin1.gif
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

how do you do that? standalone and edit the html rosters to make your own team?
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 18:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

No animosity?

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
No animosity?

I wanted to do that but LRB4 doesn't support it.

As for what I used, there's an HTML Team Editor that Harvestmouse was nice enough to point me towards to create the team.

When you play a game, choose a FUMBBL team of yours, click 'Play'. Start up the client. When it asks you for FUMBBL log in, click "cancel" and then use the menu to choose "Stand Alone" and choose your teams. Then you'll play both teams against each other.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it looks very overpowered. It has access to great big guys, fast runners, excellent blitzers with potential mutations to make them even greater, possibly great TTM players in the Runts, agility/throwers in the Assassins, a chainsaw etc.

I like the idea of "pact teams", but they almost always end up being overpowered simply because people pour all types of cool players into the team.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd agree w/ pirog on them being overpowered.

my suggestion:

0-1 chaos ogre (5529)-mighty blow, thick skull, bone head, throw team mate, big guy (s) [g,ag,p,ph] 120k
0-1 chaos troll (4519)-mighty blow, regenerate, really stupid, always hungry, throw team mate, big guy (s) [g,ag,p,ph] 100k
0-1 chaos minotaur (5529)-mighty blow, frenzy, horns, thick skull, wild animal, always hungry, big guy (s) [g,ag,p,ph] 110k
0-1 goblin (6237)-dodge, stunty, right stuff, bone head (ag) [g,s,p,ph] 40k
0-1 eshin runner (7236)-stunty, bone head (ag) [g,s,p,ph] 50k
0-1 dark assassin (6247)-stunty, bone head (ag) [g,s,p,ph] 70k
0-16 marauders (6237)-stunty (s,p) [g,ag,ph] 50k

rerolls=70k
apothecary/wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

They might be overpowered. I haven't really done any testing with a more advanced team... been extremely busy with a new job starting up. I was going off the old Chaos Pact rosters. Probably should do something more along the lines of LRB5/6.

Question for Nightbird, though. Why all the bone head on the goblin, eshin, and dark assassin (dark elfish) players? Is that to make up for the animosity?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

exactally, to make up for animosity. it's the only thing i could think of to trade off.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
i'd agree w/ pirog on them being overpowered.

my suggestion:

0-1 chaos ogre (5529)-mighty blow, thick skull, bone head, throw team mate, big guy (s) [g,ag,p,ph] 120k
0-1 chaos troll (4519)-mighty blow, regenerate, really stupid, always hungry, throw team mate, big guy (s) [g,ag,p,ph] 100k
0-1 chaos minotaur (5529)-mighty blow, frenzy, horns, thick skull, wild animal, always hungry, big guy (s) [g,ag,p,ph] 110k
0-1 goblin (6237)-dodge, stunty, right stuff, bone head (ag) [g,s,p,ph] 40k
0-1 eshin runner (7236)-stunty, bone head (ag) [g,s,p,ph] 50k
0-1 dark assassin (6247)-stunty, bone head (ag) [g,s,p,ph] 70k
0-16 marauders (6237)-stunty (s,p) [g,ag,ph] 50k

rerolls=70k
apothecary/wizard

They *still* seem overpowered to me. 3 Big Guys is so strong...the stunty players need to be significantly worse to compensate. Compare this team to Fairies or Snotlings, the other teams with 3 Big Guys.

I like the idea though Smile Sorry I don't have any constructive suggestions, just wanted to give my unrequested opinion hehe
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well only one player has dodge & the bulk of the team can only get it on a double. Also 6 have negatraits, but i was just taking a quick shot at it anyways. I'm sure it's still overpowered a bit.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2010 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I do want to let you know that my roster suggestion at the top does not mean you can have four big guys. As with most stunty teams, you can only have two. You have the choice of having two minos, two trolls, or one of each. I thought the idea of an ogre would be interesting... to have a normal ogre in stunty, so having 0-1 of each of the three, and still have the limit of two Big Guys could be interesting. And different.

A big reason I designed them (or any other new stunty team) is to bring something new to the league. In this case, it's a team where, I'd hope, no two teams are exactly alike. Having many options on what to get would give coaches the chance to come up with different teams loaded with different types of players.
 Jump to: