25 coaches online • Server time: 08:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the LRB 5 client is (almost) complete, although updating of results is not yet present. Further, there has been a request for game testing and bug reports. So, in order to make things interesting, shall we begin an LRB 5.0 non-progression league using Kalimar's client? The idea is to make a fun way of trying out D5, and provide the bug reporting that has been requested at the same time.

Be the first winner of a non-official LRB5 FUMBBL league! Be the ... Alphaman!
Interested in joining the LRB5 present? Then sign up now by joining this group with any of your D5 teams.

Rules can be found on the group page. Feel free to start playing! Organise your own matches and post screen shots here (upload file to http://imageshack.us/ and post the URL it returns).

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Don't worry about posting screen shots. Just post the results (it is far simpler that way). Just be honest...

Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Grod on %b %23, %2009 - %15:%Oct; edited 34 times in total
ultwe

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The only issue I would have would be:

* If a bug effects a game, it may be abused mercilessly (it helps to sort them out!).
* Bug reporting is NOT mandatory, but IS highly recommended.

Wouldn't the whole point be to speed up the process of finding, reporting, and hopefully, seeing the bug be fixed??

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
nazgob

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

cant help with any form of admin, but i would be more than happy to join in.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. But I don't want to scare off anyone who is worried about making bug reports. Everyone will be recommended to make reports (and I am sure most coaches will), but I don't want to make that the sole point of the competition and I certainly don't want to police it.

As for deliberately abusing bugs, well that can be open for discussion. I want to avoid needing arbitration and the easiest way to do that is to have simple rules.

ultwe wrote:

* If a bug effects a game, it may be abused mercilessly (it helps to sort them out!).

Wouldn't the whole point be to speed up the process of finding, reporting, and hopefully, seeing the bug be fixed??

Oscar Wilde
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in.

Is it a bug that i can alter screenshots and may i abuse it?

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Id love to help out Ill bring some gobbos to the party as a team and if you need help moderating let me know what I can do.
ultwe

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Sure. But I don't want to scare off anyone who is worried about making bug reports. Everyone will be recommended to make reports (and I am sure most coaches will), but I don't want to make that the sole point of the competition and I certainly don't want to police it.

As for deliberately abusing bugs, well that can be open for discussion. I want to avoid needing arbitration and the easiest way to do that is to have simple rules.

ultwe wrote:

I have no problem about the abusing of bugs part... it's a good way to know how easy they are to reproduce Very Happy However, I believe that anyone abusing a bug should point out what/how they are abusing it. This being in the spirit of testing Smile

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ultwe wrote:
Grod wrote:

ultwe wrote:

I have no problem about the abusing of bugs part... it's a good way to know how easy they are to reproduce Very Happy However, I believe that anyone abusing a bug should point out what/how they are abusing it. This being in the spirit of testing Smile

Hehe ok. I agree about the spirit thingy. I updated the rules.

Oscar Wilde
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in. Sounds like fun, will take flings or ogres, probably ogres though.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here goes: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=594771

Eshin's Forerunners, ready for action.
RC

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Non- progression. That is no skill rolls and no inj efter each game right?

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
Non- progression. That is no skill rolls and no inj efter each game right?

Right. Reason is of course simple - match results can't be uploaded. Thanks for pointing that out, I add it explicitly to the rules.

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost [5]ers

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra Green
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=558973

Leage Juggers
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=594563
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thor's Teutonic Testguard!