17 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What will die first?
Ogre
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Goblin
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
Werewolf
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
Flesh Golem
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zombie
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Wight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ghoul
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ramtut
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Cake! For it will be destroyed by the pies!
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

For all those interested the Wheel of chaos final will be played tonight (Wednesday 14th) at 22:00 bbtime.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=7207

This final promises to be a first for Fumbbl for many reasons. Firstly the final will be the first Major final for both ogres and necromantics. Secondly, we shall have a new Champion coach, both myself and Vicius having also never appeared in a Major final. And of course, thirdly, this will be the first ever Wheel Of Chaos final.

So come cheer/boo/hurt and be part of history.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

gogo former forlorn races
clarkin

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What bonus skill are the teams going to get if they win?
Adar

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am abit surprised by the teams dishing it out in the finals. Has there been some kind of handicap system to keep the orcs out? Very Happy

Please note, I haven't played for the last 3 months due to being stuck with other work.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! This is the match-up I wanted to see, not specifically because I think necro/ogre is a great match-up, per se, but because it's two forlorn races and not the usual suspects.

Oh, and nothing personal FiaF, but GO OGRES!

(as forlorn as ogres are now, once we go to LRB6, that's the end of any hope)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Both PurpleChest and CircularLogic lost out in the quarters with their respective Orcs. In all honesty, despite the large number of orcs in the Box, they don't tend to do as well. I expect it is because it is a lot harder to skill up the Black Orcs, although this is purely anocdotal. Both the orc teams in the quarters had the best BoB's of the orc teams that entered. Also there weren't as many orc teams enter this Major as usual, maybe because of the prize structure, the available skills just aren't as exciting to win on an orc team as a Khemri or Ogre (both of which seemed to have a higher than usual showing.)

P.S. No offense taken Maysrill, I will be cheering on the Ogres too, even as i try and stomp them into the ground. With the new ruleset i expect Necros will start doing a lot better in the majors, whereas I too think that this is probably the Ogres' swansong
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
What bonus skill are the teams going to get if they win?

Ogres: Tentacles (gulp!)
Necro: Frenzy

In addition, ogres get 1 random mutation, necros get 2 if I've read the rules right Smile.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2010 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that is correct. I am hoping for frenzy on the blodge golem, and then two chances for RSC on a wolf!
 Jump to: