41 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to have a new majors that was black box teams vs ranked.

Have the tourney split in two so one half is Black Box only and the other is only Ranked and the winner of each tourney would meet at the end to have a battle between the best ranked and best Black Box teams.

I couldn't see a similar thread but assume someone has asked this before so apologies if this has already been vetoed.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather see a mixed Major where B and R teams were drawn against each other all the way through.

It would probably be better/easier to have a Champions Invitainoal though: All Major Winners (+some wildcards perhaps) get invited to join a tournament.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Allow [B] teams to play in any [R] tournament but [R] teams in [B] tournaments.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Championship Invitational would be really good too. I think the problem with having a completely mixed tourney from the start would be a lot of people with box teams may start whining that they are drawn against ranked teams that have cherry picked their ways to a huge tr/ts etc. If you keep them separate till the final games it gives both teams a good chance of being considerably weakened by the final game. It also prevents their being an all ranked or all box final although people might like that too I guess.

Either way I would like to see it happen and think it would be good watching a final where people were supporting a team for the division they represent.

I personally would love to see a final between the likes of these two teams

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=606519 and http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=277067
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i heard the rumour that fumbbl cup could be open for ranked and box teams
svemole

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is a nice idea. But arent there already to many Majors. I thought that the idea with a major is that it realy should stand out as the biggest tournament where all good coaches participate, maximun prepared and so on. with all majors there is now I dont think any of them realy stand out that much as it is?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

How about after the official release of the new client we get rid of the multitude of division we have right now and restore a healthy player base?

Spiraling expenses will largely remove the difference in maximum TR between box teams and teams in open play anyway. Just make 1 official division again where you can choose for yourself wether you want a box scheduled match or an open one.

I for one am convinced that that the obvious merits of the Box the split of official games into 2 divisions has been very harmful to Fumbbl as a whole.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
How about after the official release of the new client we get rid of the multitude of division we have right now and restore a healthy player base?

Spiraling expenses will largely remove the difference in maximum TR between box teams and teams in open play anyway. Just make 1 official division again where you can choose for yourself wether you want a box scheduled match or an open one.

I for one am convinced that that the obvious merits of the Box the split of official games into 2 divisions has been very harmful to Fumbbl as a whole.

Agreed!
jimjo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed!
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Agreed!

Take away both box and rank and reinstate [F]action as the only division!
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

Has been discussed to death. Basically that outcome is that a LOT of box coaches don't feel that allowing teams to opt in and out of the box is fair to those that only play in the box. If anything it would actually make the box even more bashy as the softer teams would only opt in when they can field a full team. A team that chooses to play in the box when it is at full capicity would win a disproportionate number of games due to it being easier to build a diverse team in an open system as oposed to having to play hard every game.

The games statistic page also does not bear out that the Box harmed Fumbbl in anyway, with the of overall games being steady from when the box was created, only the cyanide release hit fumbbl hard, coincedently cyanide's impact on the box was negliable, but ranked was (and still is) hit very hard.

It was suggested that the box could continue in it's own form, but an optional scheduler could be introduced into ranked. This was seen as unfair by Box coaches, as it would destroy their division, forcing them back into ranked, or away from the site.

I am happy to keep the two divisions apart, afterall they represent two very different views on how bloodbowl is meant to be played. If it was merged i would argue that the box become the norm and the other teams are moved into an Open division in which leagues etc are played. The majority of people calling for the box to be merged into ranked are coaches that don't use the box much, and therefore don't have anything to lose, but all to gain.

As for the original point, i am hoping that the fumbbl cup is open to both divisions, it seems the most likely major fluff wise.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Cloggy too. Been banging that drum for a while! Wink

And usual meh why more Majors point. I don't see any reason not to open up the FC too, however. Especially in these times of less games, you'll need all the teams you can get, I would imagine. Having half a huge bracket maxed out with fillers would look rubbish.
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2010 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

instead of jsut the finals of the turny match how about a qualifiers bracked 8 ranked 8 box with the final bracket being a mix to keep things interesting.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2010 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

[R] seemed to be doing just fine alongside [B]. The number of games crashed when Cyanide came out.

The split is not such a big deal compared to Cyanide and running an old ruleset.

Many people are just not that keen on [R]. It was big when it was the only show in town. Now people have more choice.

Many will return when the new client is live.

But also some will leave when Cyanide goes LE.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2010 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with the sentiment but I think that all R majors should allow B teams. Particularly higher level SMACKs and Tours. Its not like B has these available or ever will (a quickstart tourney in B?).

Majors are an easy call. Just treat them as equal.

__Synn
 Jump to: