38 coaches online • Server time: 17:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2010 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The bottom of my screen is cut off by the java allication window/bar...I can only see the top half of the chat line.

Also the left/right side of the application does not fit on my screen...I have to constantly move the screen left and right to see the players stats and who is in the reserve boxes.

Help?

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2010 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a bigger monitor, Problem solved Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2010 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
Buy a bigger monitor, Problem solved Smile

I allready did that Laughing I play on my HD TV 60" Monitor...still the same result!! Shocked

So it is not a matter of...mmmmm...size.

For full disclosure I only play on the TV when the wife is not at home...lets just say her level of desire of watching a gripping java blood bowl game could be compared to watching paint dry...also this game for some reason gets her blood pressure way up. maybe its because if she cant find me she just listens to the upstairs computer room and hears the cheering/boo of the spectators and that means Iam not doing my never ending "honeyDo" list.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2010 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Not the size of the monitor. The resolution on your machine.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2010 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If your TV is indeed HD, then you should have enough pixels for FFB. the minimum size is 1022*767, at least in XP with the thick frame that XP adds to your windows.
Chingis

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2011 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same problem. I run my monitor at 1024x768 (on XP). Opening the client, the window is chopped off above the chat line and re-roll icons. It will fit on my screen though, if I push the top title bar of the client window off the top of the screen. I can do this by swapping the display mode to 1280x1024, which opens the client window without slicing the bottom off, then swapping the display mode back to 1024x768 and shuffling the client window up the screen. If fits perfectly with the title bar off the top of the screen. It's just a faff to do that every time I open the client!
neophyte

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

please make a client option for a smaller resolution
Sad
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2011 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

To fix this you need to open java in the control panel go to advanced and remove the tick from show sandbox warning banner, then you will be able to chat etc...

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2011 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Small note for those whose chat box is cut off.

If you click on the area where chat appears and hit TAB, you will activate the chat box and can type messages. Not perfect, but it works.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

would it be possible to decrease the size of the chat and the game messages windows in height? Cut of the part under the flags on the side and make the window about 20px smaller. If the size of the window stays the same and only the content's height decreases, then Gnome user could also enjoy the games AND chat at the same time Smile

Greets,
gan
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2011 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
, then Gnome user could also enjoy the games AND chat at the same time Smile
gan

It isn't as nice as having it work properly, but if you click the mouse cursor where the chat box "should" be, and mouse click. Then type your message and hit the enter key, you can still send a message. Also if you hover the cursor over the corner of the reroll icon that is available, you can see a pop-up of the number of rerolls.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: