68 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Both BWR BBR should be displayed on a coaches profile page. It is keeping black box from being more appealing to coaches.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I've said it before in one of these threads (there are exactly 5684), and I'll say it again.

Hidden = good. Keeps it about playing, less about numbers.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

People like numbers. Especially geeky people. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I've said it before in one of these threads (there are exactly 5684), and I'll say it again.

Hidden = good. Keeps it about playing, less about numbers.

so then hide CR?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have no issue with that either.

Sod hide, what about delete? Smile

W/D/L is all you really need, anyway.

Edit: Plus, with BWR not actually working yet, and with the tables so fresh even when it does work, what's the point of seeing an inaccurate number as well as a pointless one? Wink
studmandudebro

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I'd have no issue with that either.

Sod hide, what about delete? Smile

W/D/L is all you really need, anyway.

Edit: Plus, with BWR not actually working yet, and with the tables so fresh even when it does work, what's the point of seeing an inaccurate number as well as a pointless one? Wink

I feel like black box will be more active if nerds have numbers to make higher. A core concept of RPG game design.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A show/hide button on your own coach page to see your CR/BBR/BWR, an option to share or not share that same info with the community.

Personally, I would hide mine but wouldn't be able to resist peeking at it occasionally. I'd prefer not seeing anyone else's. If you can develop a rep as a big-time coach through tourney play and dominating opponents regularly, so be it. Racking up points in a game-able system reinforces bad things (though in general BWR is better than CR for determining actual skill).

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
RC

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see blackbox, win- losses under stats.. now there is just tds for and against.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if BBR was not a logged stat in the Box it might promote some team diversity?

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Maybe if BBR was not a logged stat in the Box it might promote some team diversity?

I always wondered why there was a BBR and no equivialnt for R, or am I missing a stat somewhere?

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

At the beginning, BBR was included in the Black Box scheduler. This was removed, but the BBR stat remained.
backelie

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

I agree. The number is there so some people will go after it. Do we really need an extra incentive for bashing?
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, it would be nice to browse other coaches' BWR.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with maysrill. BWR should be treated in an equivalent way to CR, and people should have the option of opting 'in' or 'out' of either or both of them, as there are many people that don't play in both divisions. I agree that, with BWR hidden away at the moment and CR so prominent, it will act to bias many coaches towards [R], as they will see [R] as the 'main' division on the site, where the rankings are based on.

I also agree with removing BBR, as that does seem to just encourage people towards playing a certain type of team.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
grs28

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2011 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd quite like it if it was optional whether or not BWR and CR were displayed on the overview page. I don't particularly care what my rankings are, so I don't show them/look at them. You do care, so you can show them/look at them. I don't even mind if it shows on my overview for other people depending on their preferences.

And Box/Ranked coaches only have to look at their mighty BWR/CR and not their piddly 150 CR/BWR.
 Jump to: