16 coaches online • Server time: 02:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Unstoffe

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So, maybe 'cos I have goblins and high elves, I'm seeing the 'do you want to use sidestep' popup a lot. I very rarely click 'no' here so generally this is just using up a few seconds of my opponents turn...

Would it be possible to change it so you don't get a popup, instead the directional arrows appear, but you can click on the player to get a popup menu (as with taking an action in your turn), with an option 'no sidestep'?
I wouldn't want it to be just clicking the player to cancel, too easy to do by mistake, but I think having the click-popup as described would be quicker than the current mechanism.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree, nice idea. Not using sidestep is fairly rare in my experience.
cmelchior

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been wondering the same thing as side stepping skinks also tend to get hit a lot. Is there any scenario where you don't want to use sidestep?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, to cause chain pushes. But this does sound like an good idea, although if you need to sidestep you should be ready to do so anyway so an extra click isnt very time consuming.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

To completely eliminate the pop-up you should get the arrows, and an X on your player or a do not sign (red circle with slash). Clicking the X gives control to the attacker.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2011 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

before we had the option of yes or no on sidestep, there was a popup to tell you to use sidestep, changing that to yes and no was a small thing as we needed a popup for notation there anyway.
 Jump to: