36 coaches online • Server time: 23:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Metadone

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,
I've recently decided to come back to BB andd tried to log into [B]. I created a new team (Halloween 49ers) but can't activate them for a match in the box (it says (not eligible) where I should have the activate button. I tried at different times unsuccessfully (I understand we should only be able to activate them 5 mins before the bot sets the matches up every 15 min). Could anyone help me out please? The new client looks great and I can't wait to put a wolf on the pitch Smile Thanks for your help.

Metadone
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You have a team that is still is not ready. http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=586398 has a yellow 'P' next to it showing this (for post match sequence). If you click the 'ready to play' link at the bottom it should free up all your teams.
Metadone

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Crickey, that was a quit reply. Thanks for that mate. Can't wait to be home tonight and field a team for the first time in years ^_^

Metadone
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, good to see so many people returning Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

That is just for the moment. If especially League doesn't open for FFB, then the numbers will decrease again.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
That is just for the moment. If especially League doesn't open for FFB, then the numbers will decrease again.

It will, give it time. Things like that can not be done within a blink of the eye...
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I really am looking forward to league turning FFB, does anyone know if there is any sort of rough approximation about when this might happen? Or are we still talking way in to the future.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with league is that i would expect for a while it would need both rulesets, so that leagues can finish before changing to the new ruleset.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Or leagues could be told - "do not start another season after the one that is currently being played". Then once all the leagues have finished this season they could report to Christer and when all are done make the change over.

But I dont know what is involved in making a switch over like this, Christer made the B switch over look pretty straightforward and painless although I'm sure it wasn't.

Edit: we need a new thread for this topic really.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Or leagues could be told - "do not start another season after the one that is currently being played". Then once all the leagues have finished this season they could report to Christer and when all are done make the change over.

But I dont know what is involved in making a switch over like this, Christer made the B switch over look pretty straightforward and painless although I'm sure it wasn't.

The thing is, [B] games are one off. So everyone can stop playing one day and be on the next rules set the next.

Some leagues run for a few weeks, other leagues run for a few months, are you going to tell everyone in a short league they can't start a new season, while they wait for another league that has a further 17 weeks to run?

Plus, some leagues may wish to continue under the LRB 4 ruleset, another reason why it's not straight forward.

[L] is going to be the trickiest division, and [L] LRB4 will have to continue even after [L] FFB goes live, so that a league's teams can all transfer at the same time, at a point convenient for that league.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2011 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

There's still stuff to be worked out in B before FFB migrates elsewhere. B is a nice trial run since, as has been pointed out, it's one-off games.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
gandresch

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2011 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Why shouldn't it be possible, to just continue as it is?
If you add teams to a tournament, you can add lrb4 or lrb6 teams. If two teams are in one tourmament, the game is counted, as it is now. I don't see a real issue there. Groups don't have to choose between 4 or 6, it could be a tournament matter.
Teams must not migrate to 6 at this point. When a decision for Ranked has been made, the old teams can convert afterwards and till then only play in lrb4 tournaments.
Client updates are obligatorily for all teams in lrb6. And now tell me please, what would really change, if this would be offered except the point, that you must make lrb6-League-teams available?
 Jump to: