61 coaches online • Server time: 19:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played my 1st BlackBox game - urgh, the new interface will take some getting used to, clearly. (Missed 3 scoring chances by not selecting Pass or Hand-Off first, among other distractions.)

However, I also could not pass to an empty square, even when I had properly selected Pass Action first. The "target" square lit up when I hovered over players, but nothing appeared over empty squares.

I found that this has already been a reported bug (#56), and is listed as "closed/solved" - so is there a trick to it, or has the bug returned, or... what? Don't want to repeat a bug report that's been fixed if it's just some command I'm missing, but I tried every Ctl+ and Alt+ and Shift+ I could think of. As I said, I this is my first experience w/ Blackbox, so I'm assuming the client that was downloaded is the latest version.

(btw - is there a way to use that client in stand-alone mode as there is w/ FFB4, to practice by yourself, getting used to the new interface/graphics/etc?)

thx.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %11, %2011 - %07:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Halflingdave

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

if you click on your player with the ball again you will see 3 options end move, range grid, and the last pass to empty square, or somthing like that, not actully done it but i'm sure i've seen it
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I had - okay, thanks. The game was a joke anyway from all the other confusion. And a 10k purse to add insult to injury! ;D

Igvy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep what halflingdave said, just click the player and select pass to an empty square.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This also is the way to activate multiblock and leap, just so as you know.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2011 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Confirmed that it is working now as described above, so no bug (apparently), just a learning curve.

Maybe there should be a quick "user's manual" for the new client somewhere?

Anyway, this issue resolved, thanks all!

Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you read the help here on site and the help menu in the game before asking anything here and failed to find an answer to your question?
If not, what would a "user's manual" do any good as people doesn't really seem to read what is already in there for help.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2011 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Maybe there should be a quick "user's manual" for the new client somewhere?

There is one - it is here under the help section - http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp I just havent finished it yet because I have been at work so much recently.

I will include some stuff about passing etc when i get a chance.

It is the same link I gave you the other day for reporting bugs, which I recommended you to read before submitting your bug report Smile