18 coaches online • Server time: 04:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Corn

Post 9 Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, having troubles with game.
1. I was able to play fine. Only issue was that I couldnt see the bottom of screen so I could not talk.

2. My windows went screwy and started reasking me to register and I was not able to access my computer and could only get online by going to the helppage and changing addresses because I lost my product key. In this time, I was able to play the game just fine and could even see the whole screen.

3. Got windows fixed but now I cant play the game.
A. again, had the same screen issue. Prinz told me I could see by autohiding my taskbar. I did that and I am able to get to the talk part of the screen. Not working great like it did during part 2 of the time but I can see it to type into it at least.
B. Sometimes, I can put players on field, usually not. I cant talk in game or make actions. Opponants say they can see what I type but I cant and its frozen.
C. I cleared my cache by going through control panel/java/tempinternet files and deleting it.
D. I tried java 6.23 and 6.24 fresh installs on both.
E. I also emptied my javabowl file and extracting the javabowl back into it.
F. I run windows xp

4. I have also updated windows and reinstalled javabowl and java since updating. No effect at all.

Can you give me any other ideas of what to do?
gandresch

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

have you tried to uninstall all your java installations. Usually the browser use the JRE. If you installed a new one and the old one does not update, this could be a reason. So try to uninstall everything with "java" in it. After that try to start a game. If this works, there is still a JRE somewhere. If finally your browser tells you, that there is no Java left and does not start the client, try to reinstall Java.
I don't know, if this helps. By going this way you can for sure tell, that the Java version is the one you need.

gan
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

To me, it sounds like your windows installation is seriously messed up.
I would actually recommend you to reformat and reinstall windows and then try again. In my experience an installation that is so messed up you cannot go online without having to go around stuff will rarely work as it should in all areas.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2011 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

read this at the bottom of the page - http://fumbbl.com/help:FFBHelp