25 coaches online • Server time: 01:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2012 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm wondering about the prospects for an ai;
from my understanding; the coder is very busy fixing bugs and direct issues with the client; so won't really have time to work on an ai at all; and the closed source means the rest of us can't make an ai ourselves and then connect it to the game; without doing some complicated work with the interface at least to work thru it.
I'm sure there's been previous ai threads, but I couldn't find them.
The only part that really interests me is designing the ai, not the coding parts or syncing it up with an interface so it can actually work.
strikereternal

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2012 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod was working on an AIBowl project at one point. You may want to check out his blog on it:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=5203&op=viewcomments&id=8461

It uses the LRB5 ruleset and I am not sure how finished it is, but there is support for writing your own bot code and plugging it in, without dealing with those issues you wanted to avoid.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2012 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Last time I tried the AI it seems to be far better than the Cyanide one.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I will play devils advocate here for a minute.

Why is there a need to put all the time and effort into a AI when you can find a match in under 15 minutes against a live opponeet in Box/Ranked?

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I will play devils advocate here for a minute.

Why is there a need to put all the time and effort into a AI when you can find a match in under 15 minutes against a live opponeet in Box/Ranked?

Some people like programming AIs

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
Last time I tried the AI it seems to be far better than the Cyanide one.

you put a monkey making random clicks and will beat Cyanide's AI.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

admittedly there's not a lot of need for an ai here; not to mention I don't think fumbbl's servers would wanna support an ai. I'd be happy to write an ai for cyanide; but it's hard to get in the door places like that.
I have checked out grod's ai; and it's certainly not too shabby; and could be ok with some nice tweaks.
Mostly i'm more familiar with fumbbl; so it'd be easier for me to assess how good an ai is by the coach rating it'd get; not sure how good cyanide's system is at that cuz i'm not familiar with their game.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyanide AI's CR would be somewhere between 20 to 40, where the lowest for any human coach tends to be in the 120s Razz

The stupid things it does, like dodging orcs through 3 TZs...

-Blader
Igvy

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, an AI comp, where we play them against each other.

I'm totally in.
hale

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically the humans do all the hard work setting everything up then the computer gets to have all the fun playing the games? teHehe... sounds insane but im in~
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Off topic:
anyone seen the AI starcraft bots? they have tournaments and such but i think they only play cut-down versions of the game, for example no base building. their micro management is unreal.

i saw a video of 20 siege mode tanks get routed by a zergling rush who lost no cas.
whenever a tank would fire, the zergling who was targetted would stay running on his path, but all the other zerglings would move immediately directly away from the target. so only 1 got hit by the direct shot, none of them got caught in the splash damage

On topic:
i think BB would probably be pretty hard to write bots for, because you can't easily define what you should do in each situation. its probably quite difficult to define even what are the characteristics that make for a good coach...
 Jump to: