59 coaches online • Server time: 15:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is Achilles' fate?
Keep him Til the Death
70%
 70%  [ 70 ]
Keep him Til he's the oldest Active [B] wood elf
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Keep him Til one more perm, then retire
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Keep for four games to retire at a round 50 matches
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
He's had a good run, but it's time to retire
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Pie!
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 99

Kryten

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 02:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We've reached a crossroads for Achilles, the featured player on Til the Death. In 46 matches he has proved a consistent threat, with his 2+ leap into the cage for the guard being key to many defensive touchdowns. On numerous other occasions, his agility has retrieved the ball from impossible spots after teammates have jarred the ball loose, enabling us to capitalize on those opportunities.

His first ankle injury was overlooked, largely because he was already a fast player. However, a second injury to the same ankle has seriously reduced his mobility. In that same match, King Leonidas I was killed by what can only be described as a rampaging horde of bonemen. Despite the presence of the seemingly immortal Denton Van Zan, it may be time for the team to rebuild. To that end, what is Achilles' fate?
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The way I see it is this: if the Wood Elves (or anyone) had a 7/2/5/7 player, you'd buy him, right? Even if he was expensive?

I mean, you're a better coach than me, but I don't see the need to retire him. He serves a crucial purpose as is, and it would be tough to suggest that the guy who eventually replaces him will have as much impact on the game, even after getting a few skill rolls.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
lizvis

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

theres a handful of pros and cons for keeping and retiring him. but ultimately i think it comes down to these two factors, one: you're only going to have 11 players for this upcoming match (not enough considering how high your TV is), and two: recovering is much easier at lower TVs.
Deviant_Strategist

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I look at your team name and it says it all! Smile
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

keep him, even at 7MA, he is still faster than 60-70% of the players on the pitch
AceFlashheart

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling wrote:
The way I see it is this: if the Wood Elves (or anyone) had a 7/2/5/7 player, you'd buy him, right? Even if he was expensive?

You might buy him for 120-150k...but 230k? That's what he adds to the TV.
RC

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Guarder. Keep until dead.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

He's awesome. 2 -MA's do make him a lot worse than he'd normally be, but he's still too unique to cut.

Pretty much any new permanent injury and I'd cut him. On the bright side, he's immune to -MA's!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

AceFlashheart wrote:
ahalfling wrote:

You might buy him for 120-150k...but 230k? That's what he adds to the TV.

I'd probably buy a 7/2/5/7 player that starts with Catch, Dodge, Sprint, Wrestle, Guard, and Leap for 230k.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You gotta ask yourself - is the team name just that, a name? Or is it a statement of intent?

Oscar Wilde
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ullakkomorko wrote:

Pretty much any new permanent injury and I'd cut him. On the bright side, he's immune to -MA's!

Are you sure? He's only got an overall -1 to his Mv because of his +Mv.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting question. Stats can only be reduced by two, but does it mean "two from the original value" or "two times"?

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

2+ leaping guarder is extreamly valuable. I have one in my skaven team and its awesom.

Greetings

Smeesh
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, if you call a player "Achilles", you can hardly be surprised if he injures movement losses, can you?

Oscar Wilde
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Interesting question. Stats can only be reduced by two, but does it mean "two from the original value" or "two times"?

From the FAQ at the end of the CRP:

Quote:
Q: If I get 2 MA stat increases and then suffer a serious injury that removes a point of MA can I gain MA again?
A: Yes.

This suggests it is two from the original value, not two times - so in theory, Achilles could get a third injury to his heel. I don't know what the practice on the site is though.
 Jump to: