54 coaches online • Server time: 19:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There are way too many chaos dwarfs! Evil or Very Mad

Is this true Koadah? Oh mighty internet-wizard! Bring us your knowledge! Fire your torpedoes of truth!

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
silus

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want to play against chaos dwarves, play as chaos dwarves since the blackbox tries to avoid mirror matchups. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blackbox it tells you how many CD teams are active in the box. I dont think that is too many.

The spread is great as it is imo.

look at vamps though, great BWR Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Its all well and good saying the spread is great but every one seems to only be activating dwarfs or chaos dwarfs lately i have been keeping an eye ont all the games being played and most times i check its full with dwarf or chaos dwarf and im starting to spec less and less as its getting boring.

This is why i have stopped playing in the box and joined a couple of leagues instead alot more fun.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot of Dwarves. But that was always going to happen because they are the only bash team with out Claw that can still perform as a top tier team at all TVs. Although I still believe Orcs can in the right hands, I just haven't seen it yet.

I still don't think there is a problem with diversity. I have been playing with vamps most recently and out of 13 games I have only played the same race once and strangely that was against flings - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=655003

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always felt the division was no more or less varied than anything else, in my experience. I can't see anything out of the ordinary in any of my teams' stats in terms of what they've played. I’ll except arguments about the types of teams you end up playing, but not the race spread. The B central page gives you the full breakdown; that spread is not at all unreasonable considering the nature of the division, coaches as a large group are always going to revert to teams that will live / hurt over giving themselves the maximum chance to win if you make sure they get games. If anything, I’m surprised DE are so high, and that anyone plays Goblins at all without everything working! We've had this thread a bunch of times; and no-one has yet come close to showing any sort of issue.

I’ve noticed an upturn in Dwarves / CDs lately, but only because I’m running my first Amazon team in years. And as such, I deserve everything I get. Wink
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blackbox it tells you how many CD teams are active in the box. I dont think that is too many.

That's why I am calling out for the great Koadah to tell the more important(imho) number of games played by each race. Very Happy

Image Mr. Green

All tongue in cheek of course not long ago there was like 50% nurgle in the box and at all team values, flavour of the week and all that. I was just wondering if chaos dwarfs was the most played in lets say this last week.

My screenshot might also reveal that these ugly dwarfs like TV ~1300k and I seem to linger there for way too long. Smile

jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

it seems to me more people are turning to chaos dwarves (away from chaos and pact) to get their claw fix. i mean those guys already have blockle, and av9. way better than marauders or beastmen....

and it seems quite easy to minmax with them. 1 ball handling bullcentaur... then 6 clawpombers... and... oh no my skill-less hobo just died. OH WELL! Very Happy

Basically, i don't mind chaos with claws. it's fine. it's expected. but something really irks me about seeing dwarves with claws... it aint natural i tell yer!

Timlagor

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

bah you'll be calling them mutants next!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cuffin Nora! Overhamsteren seems to have it right.

Overall Chaos & Nurgle are out in front

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/matchstatsAll-2011-05-22A.gif

But this past month CDs have taken over.

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/matchstatsAll-2011-05-22.gif

Dwarves & CDs are well represented in the Junior Sprint

But are not doing all that in the big boy's Sprint

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

jimimothybodles wrote:
it seems to me more people are turning to chaos dwarves (away from chaos and pact) to get their claw fix. i mean those guys already have blockle, and av9. way better than marauders or beastmen....

and it seems quite easy to minmax with them. 1 ball handling bullcentaur... then 6 clawpombers... and... oh no my skill-less hobo just died. OH WELL! Very Happy

Basically, i don't mind chaos with claws. it's fine. it's expected. but something really irks me about seeing dwarves with claws... it aint natural i tell yer!

Well, planning to roll a double on all your dwarves is a bit optimistic, but Chaos Dwarves are one of the best rosters around. Bull Centaurs are both their blessing and their curse - one of the best players around bar none. Lose him early in the game or play at high TV with unskilled ones and you are in trouble, but other than that he's a one-man-army backed up by an actual army (guard dwarves) and there's TWO of them.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, great. Those stats (if they prove anything, stats always need more than the base numbers to make a point) show there aren't too many CDs.

Only leading over the past month in games played. Only 104% of second place. Fine. Something has to be out ahead.

I know that the OP was made in semi-jest, but all of these threads are pretty samey. Nothing is ever shown to be too used.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %22, %2011 - %12:%May; edited 1 time in total
RC

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny how humans suddenly became super popular! Gone past orcs! Wut

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Koadah! Very Happy *

"Too many" is of course very debatable but at least several guys noticed them just by playing and checking the games list.

*for the stats and I guess also for the increase in humans Razz

pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 22, 2011 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

At least all those humans will make Category E a bit easier to complete for the E.L.F. elves.

Jump to: