17 coaches online • Server time: 01:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

I am attempting to create a spreadsheet on Google docs that some league members can use to help plan out a season. I'd like to be able to enter a coach name in one cell, and have a formula in another cell pull that coach's CR. I'd also like to be able to put in a team link and have a formula pull that teams TV. Does anyone know how to do either of these? I'm open to using Excel if needed, although the ease of a Google Doc is preferred.

Thanks,

mwilli
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding Google docs, the function you may wish to get acquinted to is =FILTER(). I would offer a link to docs help, but its shoddy. Perhaps someone else has more accurate info?
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I was under the impression that the FILTER formula only pulled data from a spreadsheet. Does it work for a webpage as well?
uuni

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. For importing data in Google Docs, you need functions ImportHtml() or ImportXML() or similar. I am not familiar with the current state of those functions - beforehand I have had some troubles with them.

Still, after you have imported the data, you will have to filter it.

You may need to know about the FUMBBL API, about which you can find more in the help. Someone else may be able to help you more with the API.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:Fumbbl+API ^^

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2011 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Note that coach CR is only determined by your [R]anked matches. So if you only play [L]eague or [B]lackbox, it will forever be 150