51 coaches online • Server time: 18:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post 22 Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I've gone through the help files, but still can't figure out the way to set up a KO tourney to my liking.

In our league we have an East and West division, and would like to play the 2nd and 3rd spots against each other in each division, while the top teams play a dummy team I created to give them a "bye week" that brings the MNGs back and a bit of SPP and money as a reward for winning the division.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this to work? It seems to only allow random or by team strength.

I really (REALLY) wish I could build manual tourneys and regular season schedules, assigning all weekly match ups by hand.

The structure for the final playoffs (and the Wooden Spoon tourney) is on our schedule page.

Any ideas?

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hi whatball.

You can edit the teams scores manually on the group section of your league, that way you can make the draw and I believe it will put the closest scores together.

A bye week is impossible though, unless you create a bunch of teams thenstart a game and and then conceed against your opponent's teams so they can get all their players back.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 15:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So, what you want is a KO with 6 teams, as such:

1W = winner of west division
2W = runner up of west division
3W = third place of west division
1E = winner of east division
etc.

Schedule:
1W vs Filler
2E vs 3W

2W vs 3E
1E vs Filler

This should be achievable by the following:

1. Enable scores in your group.
2. Set scores as follows:

1W: 6
1E: 5
2W: 4
2E: 3
3W: 2
3E: 1
Fillers: 0

3. Create the KO tournament with the settings you want to use
4. Start the tournament, choosing "Group Score" as seeding algorithm, selecting the 6 teams and the fillers.

This at least has the possibility of generating the schedule you want, but you may need to swap the fillers around (using a temporary third filler team) to sort things properly.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer and Garion, I will give that a go. I will have two dummy teams created to replace the fillers.

Thanks!

P.S. Would still love a manual league season and tourney option though. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It worked with some fiddling to the rankings. Thanks.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also start the tourney with 8 fillers and replace the teams as you please. No need for rankings.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Until these posts I never appreciated how much of a black art (and work) league organization was. Very Interesting, and Thanks to all that take on making a league work.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You could also start the tourney with 8 fillers and replace the teams as you please. No need for rankings.

That sounds like the closest to "hand-picking" a tournament. Good solution.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Will give this a try, much appreciated!

Now if someone can tell me how to make a 4 team KO tourney where the LOSER advances, I would be really grateful. Need this for our Wooden Spoon playoffs. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 17:32
FUMBBL Staff

WhatBall wrote:
Now if someone can tell me how to make a 4 team KO tourney where the LOSER advances, I would be really grateful. Need this for our Wooden Spoon playoffs. Smile

This is a bit strange. Perhaps you could make a round-robin tournament configured to give points for TDs against rather than TDs for, and forfeit two matches of the 2nd round.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
koadah wrote:

Will give this a try, much appreciated!

Same idea.

Let them play the match. When it's done replace the winner with the loser.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@Christer

You don't seem to be able to replace a real team with a filler. You get an error because the fillers are in a different division.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

This is a bit strange. Perhaps you could make a round-robin tournament configured to give points for TDs against rather than TDs for, and forfeit two matches of the 2nd round.

1)Go into the league KO tournament after the match is played
2)Press the replace team button
3)Replace the winning team (team 1) with a spare team (Team 2)
4)Repeat steps 1 and 2
5)Replace the loosening team (Team 3) with the winning team (Team 1)
6)Repeat steps 1 and 2
7)Replace the spare team (Team 2) with the loosing team (Team 3)
8)Sorted

Its a bit annoying but thats how its done in the WIBBL Wooden spoon league and we been doing that for 10 seasons now Smile although this does leave the main tourny page showing the winner of the final and not the looser which isnt ideal for a Wooden spoon

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 19:13
FUMBBL Staff

Basically, the league and tournament system is a bit crude and is something I am planning to rework at some point. Lots of things to improve as always Smile
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2011 - 19:14
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
You don't seem to be able to replace a real team with a filler. You get an error because the fillers are in a different division.

You could use a random team of your own to get around this until that particular bug is fixed.
 Jump to: