60 coaches online • Server time: 20:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi bloodbowl coaches, it's me again with another idea ^^

To be fair, this one isn't from me. That was a league we used to play on Francebloodbowl which I do love! And the thread about colleges of magic reminds me of this.

Here are the basic rules:

1) One team per coach.
2) Background related to an imaginary university.
3) Starting TV 1000.
4) All races allowed.
5) [L]eague teams named after their imaginary university (eg: NUA Scorpions, where NUA stands for Naggaroth's University for Assassination)
6) Team logos and match reports aren't optionnal Smile
7) players have these status: 1rst season, freshman, 2nd season, sophomore, 3rd season, junior, 4th season, senior. After their 4th season, we assume they'll be graduate and eventually will play for a professionnal team. A player can never play more than 4 seasons.
Cool Season are divided in 2 parts: regular season, which is a championship, divided by conferences if there are too much teams, and playoffs, which are a tournament with a direct elimination system. At the end of playoffs, the winning team became champion for the season.

Are some of you interested? Basically, it would be fun to have at least 16 teams (2 conferences of Cool to start this. It'll be more rules and so on, but here is just a kind of census, to see if this idea is worth the effort to create a group and customize it.

PS: Maybe this kind of league already exists :s I use the search option but can't find nothing related to college football.

Last edited by Kalminael on %b %02, %2012 - %15:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Favalessa

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i think already exist... NCBB II for american timezone...
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks for the information!

Maybe it worthes create a new one for european time zone. Plus NCBB seems to stick to NCAA Football where I'd like something a bit more fluffy (with all due respect).

And who knows, it could be fun to have tournaments between NCBB and CBBA teams Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, you wouldn't be able to run this in Ranked. It would have to be in League.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting, I would give it a go.

Edit - Couldnt you have the whole team leaving at the end of the 4th season? Might kill off some teams who dont get much money.
Kalminael

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Also, you wouldn't be able to run this in Ranked. It would have to be in League.

Yeah, saw that later ^^

MARVIN_THE_ARVN wrote:
Couldnt you have the whole team leaving at the end of the 4th season? Might kill off some teams who dont get much money.

I admit that I din't think about this kind of problem. In my mind, after 4 seasons, not so much 1rst season players would still be in the team ^^ We didn't had this problem on the league I was playing before cause we had the possibility to draft some players to replace them by players of the same position but totally noobs without paying extra charges.

But, in the other hand, I can't imagine a college player playing for 6 or 7 seasons in his team. Thanks to journeymen, it wouldn't prevent a team from having 11 players on the field, but it's true that a whole team of journeymen could be boring to play. Got to think about this!
MARVIN_THE_ARVN

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it depends on the team, nurgle could easily have 50%-75% of their players left but I doubt this would apply to halflings.

Why not just run it as a 4 season league and have a final winner.

If people still want to play you could then say a significant time frame has elapsed and that they are now playing in a veterans league.
 Jump to: