40 coaches online • Server time: 11:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bob_Bifford

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fellow FUMBBLers,

I have a idea for a league that would require all members to play there games while using team speak 3.

I would find this fun as we can chat while playing instead using the chat box plus specs can come and join in the chat (No hints or tips to playing coaches).

You don't even have to be in a game to have a chat we could just meet in one of the blood bowl rooms and chat.

So this post is to see how many members have team speak 3 or willing to down load it (Its free).

Thanks,
Bob
tchatter

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't ran a league this way, but I have used Ventrillo to teach friends of mine to play. No reason why it wouldn't work.
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 17:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL had a voice chat server back in the days. There weren't really that much interest in it, but I can absolutely see a league using voice comms to talk during games.

In terms of overall success, I have a feeling it'll be mostly a handful of players who actually participate in the talking though but with the right type of players, it could be a lot of fun.

Personally, I've been using Ventrilo and TS3 for years (playing WoW). The main problem with these is the inherent cost of the server part of it. However, I've recently ran into Dolby Axion, which looks interesting. I haven't had the time to try it out yet though, so I can't vouch for sound quality, latency, or CPU usage of their client.
Bob_Bifford

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feed back Christer, My friend already has a team speak 3 server set up with blood bowl channels for me to use so that's no problem its just finding the people that will use it.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been using Mumble, partly because it's free (both client and server), but also because I know the people behind it. Personally I find it better than both ventrilo and TS, but I haven't tried their latest versions. On FUMBBL, though, the few people I know who are willing to use voice chat, usually end up with Skype.