57 coaches online • Server time: 18:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So my team Winter Whispers is coming along, and I hope to eventually have a major worthy Elf team.

However, in my last 2 games, all 3 catchers have died or got -agi, so I am left without enough money to hire replacements, and not a single catcher on an Elf team.

Do I restart the team, or can I continue from here with the minimal SPP gains my blitzers and throwers have?

(Also as a side note: Opinions on Sure Feet for an Elf thrower, as I find he tends to need to do more running than anyone, both for picking up the ball, and to recover faster from a good kick)
nin

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Imho Sure Feet > Kick off Return
But also, Blodge+SureHands > Sure Feet...and Accurate...and Safe Trhow...
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

My way: the thrower has Sure Hands that is the only pure-reroll ability you need on him. Give him Block and make him a nice lineman then (ss, DT, tackle). Passing skills are almost always a waste of TV. Maybe Accurate, to help fast TDs when you're down in numbers, but nothing more.

my 2 cents
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't see a clear answer to rebuild or not, guess no one else does either. The skills you have should help you in the following matches and you can maybe focus a bit more on skilling a new catcher.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

last game: 2 catchers, gained 13 skill points between them.. I'm trying my best to focus on skilling the catchers..

But thanks for the naysays on sure feet; blodge it is!
maysrill

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't try to skill the catchers. Try to skill the blitzers and a few linos. The catchers will skill up just fine by trying to win. Unless blood bowl changes drastically someday, fast AG4 things will never have trouble skilling up in the natural course of the game.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
 Jump to: