22 coaches online • Server time: 04:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy,

HUBBA HUBBA is a GMT based league with 24 races where each race is represented once and once only. The races are allocated randomly and we play a 7 game season (10 day round length) split over 3 divisions of 8 teams. After the end of season play-offs, promotions and relegations, the HUBBA HUBBA Bowl KO tourney is played.

We are currently playing the HUBBA HUBBA Bowl and need around 10 new coaches for the next season which will begin after the tourney.

The teams that are currently being played (ie NOT available to new coaches) are...

Norse, Necro, Chaos, Pact, Ogre, Undead, High Elf, Dwarf, Nurgle, Liz, Underworld, Skaven, Khemri, Orc.

Please post on this thread if you would like to join, but please only join if;

1 - you are happy to play ANY of the unlisted races.
2 - you are happy to play a RANDOMLY allocated race for at least 1 season plus the KO tourney.
3 - you are available to play in the evening, GMT.

New coaches will have to submit a new 1000tv team of their allocated race and can play friendlies against other HUBBA HUBBA teams whilst the tourney is being played.

Any questions, shoot me or Garion a pm, post on the thread or check out the HUBBA HUBBA thread.

Dfunk.

EDIT - 1 PRO-ELF SHAPED SPACE REMAINING. Anyone wanting to play pro elfses in the next season, let me know asap.

Last edited by dfunkateer on %b %09, %2012 - %13:%Oct; edited 6 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Also worth pointing out - this season was running a while ago but we took a looooooooooooooooooong break to wait for the new release. We are hoping that by the time the new season kicks off we will be able to use the new league rules that client version 1.0 will bring. Smile
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a very fun League for people to join, can see from experience even coaching flings in Hubba 1 was fun and slann ins hubba 2 was epic fun
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

When are you planning to start?

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

it will probably kick off in about 3 weeks, but if people join now it wil give you a chance to play a couple of friendlies.
Mercutio

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As one of the current coaches I can attest that Hubba Hubba is a very fun, friendly league and well worth having a go. None of the current teams are running away in TV yet so now is the time to get in on the ground floor, especially with so many great teams up for grabs.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I might apply.

1 - you are happy to play ANY of the unlisted races. Check, but please look at my questions
2 - you are happy to play a RANDOMLY allocated race for at least 1 season plus the KO tourney. Check, unless I get butchered every game.. then I won't be happy. I'll keep playing though.
3 - you are available to play in the evening, GMT. Check, GMT+1 here.

Four questions of my own:
1 - Are you happy with noob(ish) players? I have only played with a few races (mostly Skaven, some Khemri, and recently two as Chaos) and I'm quite awful at positioning .
2 - How soon will I know which race I get to play? So I can prepare a bit if it's a new one for me.
3 - Are there other noobs (or plain bad players) like me?
4 - Do you have any league specific rules?
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Badoek,

thanks for the reply.
1 - I had only played a handful of games before starting the original hubba league. I'd never played slann before and i've now also got ogres in hubba hubba. Again, I'd never played ogres but am having a lot of fun with both races. I may even win a game with ogres this season.....
2 - if you're in then i'll do a random draw straight away and you can start playing friendlies asap.
3 - there are lots of bad players in the league - some worse than others Wink Not sure about noobs but it's all friendly enough so have no fear.
4 - the only specific rules are the 4 'new' lrb 7 rules...

Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.
+1 on the foul roll if the fouling player is not interfered.
Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.
Piling On rerolls do not get modified by skills.

Have a look at the league page for more details http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7780

Hope that helps!

Dfunk
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am probably interested to be one of the ten. Just got to check whether I have the time for it, but sign me up provisionally.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ok sign me up then!

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Calthor! You are now definitely on the probably list. Smile
Venetiari

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like fun, count me in!
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. Welcome aboard Venetiari!
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

*waves and points to his post above*

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek - you are now on the list Smile Welcome to the league!
 Jump to: