38 coaches online • Server time: 13:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks, the almighty Shamrock Armada is growing stronger every day, surely a great contender for the next Stunty tournament. In the latest match we cleared the pitch for the second time in our history, managing to inflict 10 casualties to the opponent. Now, I'm not used to ask advices about my player's skills, but this time I'm in doubt and I'll be pleased if you gave me some hint. The great Headbutt O'Hara obtained his 3rd skill. What should I assign to him?

Look, here's Headbutt:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8998693

I thought to give him fend, so he can be free if pushed, but dunno. Thought to give him shadowing, so he can follow opponents who try to escape his fury. Piling on doesn't seem good, he would summon foulers around him like flies on a honey can. Note that he got a niggling injury, so I would try to keep him out of trouble if I can.

Thank ya, every suggestion will be well accepted Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

He's got all the skills he needs. Personally if you gave him PO, I wouldn't play your team, so that's something to think about.

I would give him either guard or kick.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to give him PO, as I said, can't understand your choice to not playing against PO but it's okay. Guard could be a good choice, you're right. What about shadowing? It can be a good way to mark opponents, IMO.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 21:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mann, there needs to be a stunty box. but you cant choose what teams go in (they all have too) and a minimum of 3 teams added!!! cause not as many people play stunty.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend will help him stay alive. I have a Mino with Claw and Piling On that would target him as a threat. Fend is a good choice against that kind of killer.

Strip Ball could be a choice as well.

Guard is always good and at a premium in Stunty.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the amazing Davy Socket with strip ball, so i am not going to give that skill to Headbutt. Got a cannon with guard, block and mighty blow too, dunno if another guard could help. Fend is on top of my choices at the moment. If Headbutt keeps to breathe for 10 matches and gets a double on the 4th skill roll I'll give him dodge and he could become a very valuable player Smile
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm, I gave him guard. We'll see if he will remain alive Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
I'm not going to give him PO, as I said, can't understand your choice to not playing against PO but it's okay. Guard could be a good choice, you're right. What about shadowing? It can be a good way to mark opponents, IMO.

Simply PO is broken, the designers refused to heed warnings about the skill, and now seem to think, it's a taboo subject. It's not my problem they made a mess of the skill, so if (on the whole) I refuse to play it, blame them.

Shadowing.......well if you want to give such a special player shadowing, Yoda hasn't done his job too well.

Guards a great choice, but I still think kick is a great shout. I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to take it myself though!
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Simply PO is broken, the designers refused to heed warnings about the skill, and now seem to think, it's a taboo subject. It's not my problem they made a mess of the skill, so if (on the whole) I refuse to play it, blame them.

Shadowing.......well if you want to give such a special player shadowing, Yoda hasn't done his job too well.

Guards a great choice, but I still think kick is a great shout. I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to take it myself though!

What do you mean when you say "broken"? is there any kind of bug or wathever?
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people believe it is too powerful. I'm not entirely sure I agree but it's a discussion that's been done to death.
Narlgoth

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

What do you mean when you say "broken"? is there any kind of bug or wathever?

Heh heh, didn't think anyone on FUMBBL wasn't familiar with this old moan.

Don't fuel the fires of CPOMB! Lest your thread be shut down and burned by the admins in the purifying fires! Twisted Evil
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. Thanks. I am new here and hadn't heard about this matter yet. I simply thought that giving PO to an AV8 in Stunty Leeg was risky, so I decided not. Anyway, I got a 4ST cannon with block and mighty blow. Guess what its next skill will be? Smile
 Jump to: