44 coaches online • Server time: 11:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which if your LEAST favourite Kick-Off Table result?
Get Ref
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Riot
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Perfect Defence
23%
 23%  [ 40 ]
Blitz
24%
 24%  [ 42 ]
Quick Snap
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Change Weather
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Cheering Fans/Brilliant coaching
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Pitch Invasion
8%
 8%  [ 14 ]
Throw Rock
6%
 6%  [ 12 ]
HIgh Kick
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
I love them all
11%
 11%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 172

Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There have been a number of threads recently about people's distain for the kick-off table. I'm just interested to see which result is everyone's least favourite.

I've voted for Blitz! but I also dont like pitch invasion and I really cant stand High Kick, Bad kick was sooo much better imo.

link to the other thread for most favourite - http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22502

Last edited by Garion on %b %22, %2012 - %15:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitz. Just affects the game in such a negative way giving away almost an entire free turn. Plus it doesn't affect the game in any fun, fluffy or entertaining way which i can deal with.

what was bad kick? Don't remember that one O_o

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Defence is the only one I don't like, as I set-up for all eventualities, but every time my opponent seems to make a mistake in set up (player too near the sidelines facing a frenzy player) Perfect Defence seems to save them >.<

Plus when you face one of those coaches that takes about 10 minutes to set up, you just know you will get a perfect defence roll, meaning another 10 minutes plus, while he does it all again Evil or Very Mad
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there's anything too terrible about the CRP kick off table. It's greatly improved from LRB 4.

I have the following comments:

LRB 4 GTR was truly ridiculous, one of the worst things about the ruleset. I have some concerns about the current GTR (or GTR 2 to me), but generally it's ok.

No idea why they made the changes to BLITZ! The old one was better, but maybe a little confusing? Possibly to simplify things.

Riot, generally doesn't have a major impact. It's ok I think.

Perfect Defence for me, has the biggest and can kill some teams. Dwarfs on D vs Zons or Norse for instance. For me that's the most game changing and possibly should be looked at.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
No idea why they made the changes to BLITZ! The old one was better, but maybe a little confusing? Possibly to simplify things.

I prefer the new Blitz it means you are allowed to Throw Team Mate now, which is awesome. I didnt like that that wasn't allowed in LRB4 though if my memory is correct I think Skii Junkie implemented that wrong anyway Very Happy

@ noobie2k7 - Bad kick added 1D6 to the scatter when kicking, it made Kick a more valuable skills and didnt give you a free attempt at a catch. High kick seems to reward poor set ups more as well imo.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I love them all, they make the game more exciting Smile

In LRB4 I really hated GTR (the new version is much better)

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the main problem in CRP is the order - Get the Ref was completely insane before, hence why it was 1+1... whereas now its pretty tame, but still unlikely to happen.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
I think the main problem in CRP is the order - Get the Ref was completely insane before, hence why it was 1+1... whereas now its pretty tame, but still unlikely to happen.

+1 I would rather see Blitz in that double 1 slot now. It has a far greater effect on a game imo.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

While Blitz! gives the defender a shot to adjust to the attackers set up a bit and maybe even at stealing the ball (which can actually very exciting to both sides), Perfect Defense to me alway feels like some kind of betrayal towards the receiving coach - no matter if it's me or not. Especially in those exciting moments where a team has a slim chance to score a 2-turn touchdown to tie/win the game, PD just ruins the fun and atmosphere.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'm with your there Rabe. PD is an aweful one too. If it was changed to something along the lines of. -

You can re-arrange your defence to any other legal defence but players must remain in the area of the pitch they are set up: Players on the LOS may not be removed from the LOS and more players cannot be added to it. Players in wide zones must remain in those wide zones but may be re-positioned.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfect Defence should be more like quick snap. All defenders not in tacklezones can move 1 square.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PD for me! It totally takes the Initiative from your Offense unless you outnumber your opponent already. Blitz isn't that powerfull ... often enough the blitzing team is overcommiting and screws their defense.
I like the idea of PD being an equivalent to quick snap.

+1 switching GTR and Blitz! on the Kick-Off Table. Something we houseruled in our TT-League.

And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun and I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written down the side of mine should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.

Bullet Tooth Tony
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I like more the coach skill part of the game than the random part. I understand that random is necessary for this game (we're not playing chess NOR roulette), but some kick-off table result are too game changing for my taste
I hate (completely, totally) perfect defence, pitch invasion and the heat weather. Pitch invasion and heat weather are a waste of time, they can be completely nothing like totally unbalance a match, without the skill of the coach being tested in anyway. Really really game ruining and fun spoiling rules sometimes

I moderately dislike blitz (I would appreciate it if you could move only two players or something tuned down like that), but I can live with it
Wang

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

While I agree about the positioning of Blitz, it doesn't bother me much. I like it as it punishes those who set up sloppily. Some of the other biggies are fun, e.g. Pitch Invasion and Riot. I don't like Throw a Rock because it occasionally kills someone important, but my vote went with Change Weather. I hate it when nice weather changes to nice weather - if you roll Change Weather the damn weather should actually change.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweltering Heat

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: