20 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your NAF membership status?
Never been a member
40%
 40%  [ 42 ]
Was a member, but not now
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Current member
51%
 51%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 105

sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick completely non-binding non-scientific self-selecting poll with an easy question.

You could give reasons etc, but there's no real need. Especially if you're going to be mean!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Still needs more options. Had my first TT tourney last weekend, price included NAF membership, and then I had to PM someone on TFF with my details, but had no reply. So membership pending, I guess?

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Current member, went to my first TT tournament last summer Albion Coast Cup and did very well won 4 lost 2.

@ xnoelx you should go HERE to sort your membership out TFF dont have nothing to do with NAF some of the people there may help with NAF but i would get it sorted on the NAF web site.

Above link is the NAF web site may have to register there before link works.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Used to be, but don't care much for TT... takes way too much time, and most people I played with weren't that good.
neoliminal

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Does starting it count? I need a new option added.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ta, Dan, but as I've already paid and got my NAF dice at the tourney, I didn't want to register directly and pay again and get more dice. Plus that's what I was told to do.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Ta, Dan, but as I've already paid and got my NAF dice at the tourney, I didn't want to register directly and pay again and get more dice. Plus that's what I was told to do.

I could message some one for you if you like?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Still needs more options. Had my first TT tourney last weekend, price included NAF membership, and then I had to PM someone on TFF with my details, but had no reply. So membership pending, I guess?

neoliminal wrote:
Does starting it count? I need a new option added.

Time to start a new forum topic then with a slightly different poll.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Used to be, but don't care much for TT... takes way too much time, and most people I played with weren't that good.

It's worth it for the dice alone. Wait a couple of years and some nutter will pay well over the £5 they cost you. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a re-member. I've erupted a couple times now. I think it's important to be a NAF member. It is a way to show GW that there are <blank> amount of current members who care about the game. Fumbbl has many members, but not a ton of consistent members. For a measly $10 it's worth it in my opinion. I play 1 TT tourney a year.

@ Woodstock- yes there is a variant of skilled coaches at a TT tourney. TT takes longer yes. Getting out in public to actually conversing with the BB community is what it's all about. It's great to see several people who enjoy the game as much as you do. I live near Vancouver Canada. It was great to meet K-Fog (Kaare) this last September at the Spike! I see him online, but meeting a guy in person is really cool. He travelled from the Netherlands to play at Chaos cup and the Spike! this past year. I want to follow that example in the near future. It would be a fun vacation.

Jeffro
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:

@ Woodstock- yes there is a variant of skilled coaches at a TT tourney. TT takes longer yes. Getting out in public to actually conversing with the BB community is what it's all about. It's great to see several people who enjoy the game as much as you do. I live near Vancouver Canada. It was great to meet K-Fog (Kaare) this last September at the Spike! I see him online, but meeting a guy in person is really cool. He travelled from the Netherlands to play at Chaos cup and the Spike! this past year. I want to follow that example in the near future. It would be a fun vacation.

100 % agree at the Albion Coast Cup i met a few FUMBBL coaches was so much funny every one together playing a game we love.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have been looking for a tournament or two this spring/summer. Europe would be nice. If I find one I might become a member Smile

Edit: NAF Championships? May? Nottingham? PeteW? Yeah that could work Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss Nottingham.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

candlejack this is fantastic.

Jeffro
sann0638

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@xnoelx, Lycos is at the Dungeonbowl this weekend, so don't panic if you don't get a reply straight away! What was the tournament?

@Dan, Albion was excellent. My M10 Gutter Runner had a blast Smile NAF champs should be amazing, highly recommended, and if anyone on Fumbbl wants an "intro" tournament it's a good one because:
a) there are lots of fumbblers there, so you should be able to arrange to meet so you know some people, and
b) if you're reasonably competent, you should do well. IMO.

Jump to: