23 coaches online • Server time: 01:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Random race Stunty?
Sign me up!
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
This is madness. I want no part of it...
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Maybe, depending on... (please detail below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Does the winner get pie?
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 18

xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

As a Stunty player, I get a little jealous of all the meta-groups, leagues and tourneys the big leagues have. The Necromiser was great; I can't wait for the next major, which I seem to remember hearing will be TNT in February, right? It's good to see Stunty doing well, and although I realise this may not be the ideal time, with the ongoing revamp, well, damnit, I want more structure to my Stunty. Or at least the option for it, sometimes.

So, anyway, shamelessly stealing ideas from other people, one thing I've enjoyed has been random race leagues. I'm a fluffer at heart, and those leagues have let me play, and learn (a little) with other races, without any feeling of disloyalty to my usual default choices in anything GW-related: the many and varied shades of Chaos.

So, yeah, getting to the point: would anyone be interested in such a thing? I'm thinking one team of each race, split into probably 3 groups of 5, play everyone in your group twice; then a final play-offs, the structure of which is still a little vague in my head, with there being 3 group winners.

I realise that at the moment you can't make Stunty teams in L, so this'd be more like the meta-groups, I guess. You'd just have to make a new team, remember not play it except against your group members, etc. I'm open to discussion about the finer points of how it'd all work, if there's sufficient interest.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in.

Is it true that you can't make leagues with Stunty teams? I thought I was just reading yesterday about how you could.
Must have been some old info...

EDIT:
(this is the page I was looking at-- it's been updated for recent roster changes, I think, but maybe the info at the top is wrong-

https://fumbbl.com/help:StuntyRosters )

Last edited by cameronhawkins on %b %08, %2012 - %11:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I looked at making a group, but I couldn't figure out how to let it accept Stunty teams on the Group Members page. Might just be me, but I'm under the impression you can't do it any more. Although I guess it's possible somehow, the Necromiser did it. Hmm. Anyone able to clarify?

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be in, rookie teams, right?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's right, rookie teams to start the first season.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's make this thing. I'm in.

Fastest way would be opening a forum thread for every group where every match result and team position is updated as the matches go on.

How about extra points for funny things like fouls and killings, and special prizes for the best players? (top scorer, top killer, top fouler etc.)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, just one more and we've got the first 5 anyway.

A thread for each group makes sense. And yeah, prizes are always good; will have to include some for TTM TDs and TTM cas/RIPs too. Especially with the TNT coming up.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea!
I'm totally IN! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

love gamble Smile
where do i have to sign?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
I'm in.

Is it true that you can't make leagues with Stunty teams? I thought I was just reading yesterday about how you could.
Must have been some old info...

EDIT:
(this is the page I was looking at-- it's been updated for recent roster changes, I think, but maybe the info at the top is wrong-

https://fumbbl.com/help:StuntyRosters )

You could under lrb 4. However stunty and league transferred over at different times. So Stunty teams were not added to league at that time.

I don't when/or why this is still the case, however I don't think there's any particular reason outside of waiting for whatball to finish his review.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I was under the impression that Stunty teams in L was going to be replaced when the rest of the L customization stuff comes in. But unless somebody knows for sure that that will happen very soon, I'll go ahead without.

Ideally, I'd like 15 coaches, one for every race, but 6 is enough for a little version at least. So I'll wait a bit longer, give some more people a chance to see this, but it's definitely happening. Hoody hoo!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definately up for it. Count me in.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

Ideally, I'd like 15 coaches, one for every race, but 6 is enough for a little version at least. So I'll wait a bit longer, give some more people a chance to see this, but it's definitely happening. Hoody hoo!

There are many great Stunty coaches that probably haven't read the thread yet. I'm sure they will jump in the carnage very soon, nobody can resist the call of a Stunty tourney.

And by the way: I hope to get Strigoyans.
sirvliam

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a great idea, count me in if there is a spot!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2012 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

There certainly is, you're in. 7 spots remaining.