22 coaches online • Server time: 07:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i have this really annoyoing problem. Sometimes when ive made a block and manged some sort of pushback, my javaBbowl freezez when the followup. popup appeasr. The box is just empty and the program freezez so we have to reload the game.

It doesnt happen all the time, and there doesnt seem to be any specific pattern as to when it freezes and when it doesnt. Also we can reload the game, and i can normally do the exact same action without the program freezing.

Has anyone xperienced anything similar and founda way to fix it, or does anyone have any ideas as to what can be the cause.

Thanks
Steven
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm no, but sometimes while playing my client will overlay (ussually after a turnover) a second vision of javabowl. So basically it will freeze and I will have a double vision of the pitch and buttons. I can simply minimize the client and maximize it to get rid of the problem..
Kenty

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I found that when running certain combinations of programs on my computer, it seems to freeze up more often. I had the exact problem you are describing. The way I fixed it was to restart my computer and only use the programs necessary to play the games.

I may be superstitious, but I also clean out my saved games and result folders every so often and this seemed to help. I think maybe we just have bad computers? I know I could use a new one.
MacLeod

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a nasty problem of my game freezing after I scored a TD. My opponents would score and everything was fine. When I scored....freezaroonie. Check your driver for your NIC and make sure its correct and current. That's usually a very good place to start.

Mac

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

uncheck the "auto push" option to fix the freeze problem on machines having that problem

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Nighteye

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Thanks Smile That auto-push function indeed seemed to be the cause of the problem.

Many thanks

Steven
PhilMan

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty wrote:

I may be superstitious, but I also clean out my saved games and result folders every so often and this seemed to help. I think maybe we just have bad computers? I know I could use a new one.

whew! i just cleaned out my saves and results file, havnt done that scince i started playing this game about 1 1/2 years ago! some of the results didnt even have a zip file!

"Best Bar in This Street"
JanMattys

Post 7 Posted: May 01, 2004 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem on followup... Disabled Auto Push and everything works fine now.

thanx!

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Had the exact same problem, I hope this helps.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i sometimes still have the same problem when at a sideline, although other than that i am fine
PellePirat

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Only problem I have is when I pushback someone onto the ball, and it scatters onto one of my players.. I get two boxes, one asking if I want to follow up, the other asking if I want to reroll the pickup.. And I can't click on either, but enter works.. forces me to reroll even if I don't want to though
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Use tab and space.

Z
tassel

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Still the problem remains. Even after disabling auto push, I usually get the problem when I crowd push players. Follow up box is blank, stays blank and the whole client goes blank if you move the box around...

Any new clues?
 Jump to: