51 coaches online • Server time: 00:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: May 19, 2013 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This has afflicted me twice in a couple of days now.

Sometimes the client stops letting me drag players at a set up with the left mouse button. Quitting the game and reloading does not fix this. It remains stuck this way until the end of the game.

That itself isn't a big deal. You can drag with the right mouse button.

However the players I see don't seem to always match the players actual positions on the pitch.

For example, I 'end setup' with all 11 placed. I get a dialog saying that there's only 10 players on the field and my opponent can only see 10, but I definitely have all 11 (nobody left in the reserves). Curiously, despite seeing only 10 on the field, my opponent also sees 0 in the reserves for me.

OK, a load setup seems to fix it. Again this isn't a big deal.

The big deal is that some players are in different positions on the field from where I see them.

In the 1st game this manifested itself when I went to block with a player and it was showing him blocking a player 3 squares away! This was several turns into a play - not after a set up. I'd moved a werewolf T1 of the 2nd half, but the game server hasn't moved him (and in the replay he doesn't move).

In the 2nd game, this manifested itself when my on-screen set up for his 1st half T8 differed from what was on the game server. If you see the replay, you'll see 6 players in the middle - placed according to a setup I'd loaded. Then I had moved them all back out of blitz range, but this had only happened on my screen.

My opponent [unaware of the bug] blitzed a player who was supposed to be deep (T8 setup) and it was a crucial moment of the game (KO, didn't come back, and affected the 2nd half).

I don't know how to recreate this bug or really demonstrate it since the replays don't quite indicate much more than my own confusion.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2013 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact, just to speculate, it may be the right-click dragging of players that is the way to reproduce it.

Also under these circumstances, some players can not be moved.

This has only happened twice.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2013 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

When I get "invisible players" I try to just reload a saved setup, that way I see all players again. It happens very infrequently, but I assume its the same thing you have experienced.
 Jump to: