39 coaches online • Server time: 17:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill choice
Piling On
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Pro
70%
 70%  [ 19 ]
Grab
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something Else
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

shoebdoo

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

alright, I normally don't follow these skill choice threads to close....but I'm curious what the community thinks on this. I've been playing some vampires in black box (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=714563) and have built my first legend (woo hoo -http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8991961.) Now then, team strategy is pretty simple, either this player or the wrackler cage break with the help of hypno gaze and the ag5 leapers. This guy is my only MB source and as such, is the primary blitzer (when leap is not required.) The team lacks guard and the thralls do absolutely nothing but get in the way during the first half until they die.

So, for all you vamp coaches out there, what skill should he take. Pro obviously has merits as this team does burn rerolls with the BL and Leapers. I have considered PO but am not a big fan of proning skills on vamps. Leaning a little toward Grab as it could help control where the ball scatters when punching into a cage.

Keep in mind that this team is playing in box at 1800 TVish. At that level, I rarely come across anything but bashers so cage breaking matters. Along that same note, PO is a bit of a waste as I am usually playing av8+.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by shoebdoo on %b %04, %2013 - %14:%Jul; edited 3 times in total
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab only works on block, on blitz it just cancel sidestep, so go Pro (how have you avoided it so far?) the anti bloodlust skill.

Juggernaut, would be better then Grab on a player that blitzes a lot (i.e. target Wrestle player and push stand firm etc).

Last alternative(s) is probably SS or Fend depending on environment, both lets your player live longer.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on probably will reap dividends on your main blitzer but may lead to a death foul. Pro would certainly come in handy.
Or frenzy him! Extra chances to take down those dodgy carriers.
Madmin

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

link is broken, closing bracket gets caught in the link. I always felt Pro was essential on early vamps, since it's not worth re rolling a blood lust, and sometimes a feed can give opponents too much of an opening, if anything they add up, and it can be costly to have to use rr's elsewhere in those early stages without many useful skills. It's probably the biggest question for a vamp coach- can i deal with my current rate of getting bloodlust at it's worst in my matches, or do i need to lower that rate? if you answer towards the latter, Pro is a must, if you think you can get by, you may want to take more advantage of the new skill. I agree with hating on PO for vamps, you can't really afford to knock over your own team cornerstones, especially when the fodder is thralls. i think sidestep might actually be a very good option too to be honest, if he gets caught in a fight it's amazing how easily SS can create a much easier path to dodge out and blitz.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I avoided Pro for a while on my vamps, but now that I have it, I understand the love. My vote is for Pro.
krysskroz

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta say that Pro sounds like the "right" thing to do. Frenzy, however, sounds like the more fun thing to do.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro or sidestep

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Pro or sidestep

kingvan's We Suckalot vamp team has a lot of both, and it is a pain to deal with. either will be useful, but am leaning towards pro
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't see past pro here mate.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed player link:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8991961

Nice collection of vamps you built.
I could see a point for having 1 po, but I think pro or frenzy would be better.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2013 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Pro or sidestep

your signature is ironic or you actually mean it?