38 coaches online • Server time: 00:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zooms

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello peeps
Team http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=750608[/img]

I have 2 +ag beastmen, one of which I have given block and sure hands, to be a ball carrier. What to do with the other one - he just rolled a normal skill.

Also any advice regarding the warriors would be welcome.

Thanks all
Daudy

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps make some kind of sweeper. Wrestle/Tackle and maybe even two heads after (if you keep rolling normals). ST4, AG4 wrackler on a blitz sounds like something capable of getting anything that tries to make a break for it if you position well enough. AG4 and Two heads would mean he's also a threat when having to dodge through TZs and would make him difficult to tie down.

As for the warriors, I'm not so sure about Diving Tackle on them (particularly first skill anyway). That could be an option on a blodge standfirm type warrior further down the road, but I would have spent that double on dodge if I was going to use it at all. Most people will tell you to just go block/mb/claw and so on, which is valid, but I like them to all have guard within the first three skills. Treat them as solid support pillars for your team to play around. As such, I wouldn't take PO until later (since all the beastmen and your mino are enough for targeted damage blitzing) but opinions vary here.
zooms

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, so wrestle 1st I guess? what do you think of Guard, so he can dodge around to help others?

Diving tackle was a fun pick really but it has a good fear factor and you'd be surprised how many people don't even check the players skill before dodging!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of like what you've done, also Daudy's choice is good. Another choice would be 2 heads, strip ball + wrestle and in fact I think that's better.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Diving Tackle. If you can get that warrior Prehensile Tail, Block, Stand Firm and Tackle then it becomes a nightmare (-3 to dodges) marker.

I agree on the beastman - wrackle it up.

A more fun option (as you could arguably wrackle up another player) might be pass block. Add two heads, very long legs, and leap/catch on a double and you've got an interception machine.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

diving tackle is fun to put in players that usually wouldnt have it. I have one on my dwarves and it is usually over looked.
zooms

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice guys, have gone for Wrestle as I can still choose Mouse or Daudy's recomendations depending what the team needs, also it adds some survivability so he can live a bit longer (hopefully).

Chainsaw I have rarely seen teams attempting to pass the ball, so thought that passblock was too situational!

Regarding the DT warrior, thinking Block and Tackle next followed by Tail if possible. Will pop guard on the other 2 warriors ASAP as well.

Thanks again (also any more advice is always welcome regarding the rest of the team)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

CastleMan wrote:
diving tackle is fun to put in players that usually wouldnt have it. I have one on my dwarves and it is usually over looked.

The one thing I would say is that whilst exploiting ignorance and/or haphazard play is going to help you win some games, it won't help you beat the good coaches on the site.

(So don't use it as a basis for building your teams!)

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2013 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I would never use it as a basis, but even good coaches overlook things like that.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG, Wrestle, Two Heads, Strip Ball with horns is pretty epic.
 Jump to: